Duck Hunting Forum banner

black cloud vs hevi metal?

2741 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ganderlandr
what is your experience, black cloud bb or hevi metal bb
1 - 3 of 14 Posts
depends on the choke

if you have a wad stripping choke then hevi metal, if not the BC
then i would get BC

Just because with the hevi metal if you buy #2 shot 60% of the load will be steel #2's and the other 40% will be hevi shot and will consist of # 2, 3, and 4 shot which means you will have a longer shot string then with other loads where the load is all one size, but i have found that the hevi metal threw a PM is deadly on birds out to 60 yards, but guy i hunt with uses the BC threw a briley M and he can kill them clean out to 60 yards also.
See hevi metal threw a PM is deadly but every other choke has not produced the same results
1 - 3 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.