Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Ask a person from the south if he should get a Black Duck mounted, and he'd probably say: Yes. But if you live on the East coast where Blacks and Mottled are relatively common, you may think twice. Where I'm from here in Wisconsin, they're not real common. So I'd say yes. Get it mounted. Do you shoot many Blacks where you're from? That would be my first question, My second question would be; Is it in good color and shape? I just came back from Massachusetts and we shot some huge Blacks in great color, and guess what? I'm mounting 2 of them for myself.
Wings cupped, Pete

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you killed it and are proud of it, put it on the wall. I like to have a mount of anything that I don't see very often. I agree with the other posts, if you don't get many black ducks of course you should stuff it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Gotta agree with the guys on this one, I would mount it. Especially if it was my first one and in good shape with good colors. I'm in the process of mounting at least a drake of each species that I can get. Don't have a Black duck yet.
:salude:

·
Registered
883 Posts
:thumbsup:
COOL PIC! There are SOOOOOO many places that I would love to go and hunt. The upper North East, your area, is one. I lived on Long Island for a year, but never got to hunt there. I regret that.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
DuckHtnMainiac if you like it and want to have it mounted go for it as lots of guys get deer heads mounted that others would not.

·
Registered
394 Posts
huntmq1 said:
:thumbsup:
COOL PIC! There are SOOOOOO many places that I would love to go and hunt. The upper North East, your area, is one. I lived on Long Island for a year, but never got to hunt there. I regret that.
i live on long island its great hunting too many black ducks wish we could kill more than one i have on mounted in my house

·
Registered
211 Posts
i have killed my share of black ducks in my day. I have been wanting to put one on the wall because they are the wariest duck out there, two years i killed a huge drake that was banded and he went onto the wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.