Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsdown: What did everybody think of the 2004 duck season in Iowa this year, In NW Iowa I thought it was terrible, seeing more duck's now that season is over, and lake's and slough's are froze up, than I seen all season! What a disapointment, let's here from other end's of the state?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seen around 2,000 canadian geese today around the Lost Island Lake area today at work. They were flying out of the zone all day, sure wish they would do that during season. Fortunatley there were a good amount of geese around this fall, we have a pertty good sized refuge here so they hang around. Don't know why they are still here though I can't find any open water any where! It's ok though, as long as they stick around. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know a lot of guys are complaining about how bad it was this year and understandably so. The ducks went right on over Iowa into MO. We need better habitat in this state to attract and hold birds here. To do this the IDNR needs more funding in order to aquire more habitat and maintain the habitat we already have. The Waterfowl Association of Iowa is trying to help make this possible. For more information on the WAI's plan go to http://www.iowawaterfowl.com/

Join this organization and do your part to help the cause. This organization does work in Iowa and only in Iowa. Your money will be used in Iowa to help improve the waterfowl hunting in this state. If you're already a member then I say good for you. If you're not a member of this organization then don't complain about how bad it is if your not willing to help make it better. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.