Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
That's cool. Just hope you get a little more water over there. You need a blind for your blind almost, that thing is going to stick out like crazy.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
That ain't no blind thats a fancy retreat fo rich folk playin at huntin. Yo see dat dere chairs an table fo plain da cards an settin yo drinks on. Then they is gona put a verandy round er sos they can catch some rays. :laughing:

·
Registered
230 Posts
is that revet (sp?) ? for the cad drawing? I'm in a Engineering drafting class at my hs and its mixed with some architecture students and the drawing reminded me of some of their prints. Just curious.

Joe

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
very cool! you know what my 1st ? is right...

so when are you going to host a DHC chat duck hunt in that thing? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So many questions, I'll try and answer the best I can.

The cad program is called 3d-home architect. Its super simple, and really good.

The blind is in Missouri, Everything else is "G-14 classified"

As for the water, we'll have all we can stand come October. Last year the water level was boot hight INSIDE the previous blind. (Hince the 7' floor)

We're not rich by any means, we're just tired of standing in the water with waders while its 5 degrees outside. I hunt every weekend of the 60 day season with 4 other guys. At least one of us goes home early with a leaky pair of waders, per year. I can tell you first hand; THAT SUCKS! This way we can get to the blind just before sunrise, start breakfast, and stay all day if we want. AND STAY DRY!

Yes, we do have a ****-ton of brushing to do. However, this blind isn't the biggest one in Missouri. The key to big blinds is building in a treeline. I have hunted out of blinds a lot bigger than this. 3 story blinds are very comon in Arkansas, and you're pretty much guarenteed to shoot. It does take alot of willow trees to brush them.

You would be suprised what you can do with 5 people throwing down money, and helping build. We are 3 weeks, and $2,000.00 into this project. That is including building materials, various tools, hardware, and SEED. I highly suggest it! I just can't wait until it gets cold.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
waylon said:
So many questions, I'll try and answer the best I can.

The cad program is called 3d-home architect. Its super simple, and really good.

The blind is in Missouri, Everything else is "G-14 classified"

As for the water, we'll have all we can stand come October. Last year the water level was boot hight INSIDE the previous blind. (Hince the 7' floor)

We're not rich by any means, we're just tired of standing in the water with waders while its 5 degrees outside. I hunt every weekend of the 60 day season with 4 other guys. At least one of us goes home early with a leaky pair of waders, per year. I can tell you first hand; THAT SUCKS! This way we can get to the blind just before sunrise, start breakfast, and stay all day if we want. AND STAY DRY!

Yes, we do have a crap-ton of brushing to do. However, this blind isn't the biggest one in Missouri. The key to big blinds is building in a treeline. I have hunted out of blinds a lot bigger than this. 3 story blinds are very comon in Arkansas, and you're pretty much guarenteed to shoot. It does take alot of willow trees to brush them.

You would be suprised what you can do with 5 people throwing down money, and helping build. We are 3 weeks, and $2,000.00 into this project. That is including building materials, various tools, hardware, and SEED. I highly suggest it! I just can't wait until it gets cold.
ummm, you forgot 1 question waylon.

shrpshtr said:
very cool! you know what my 1st ? is right...

so when are you going to host a DHC chat duck hunt in that thing?
of course, i am not trying to be pushy or anything... :toofunny:

·
Registered
14,437 Posts
You call it the Hilton. I think I would call it the Paris Hilton. There is much more innuendo that can be served up when it is The Paris Hilton, and innuendo is very important when it comes to male bonding and hunting.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Waylon maybe you could unclassify a region at least for this Missouri boy. I am going to take a whack at it though. Somewhere between I-70 and Hannibal North of Highway 79. Believe me that is a big area no one is going to find your super secret spot. There is some unbelievable duck hunting in that area. I am a poor man and I hunt Shanks for my ducks.

Good Looking blind! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.