Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of making a duck blind to place on the edge of a lake or a pond. I was wondering if anyone had any designs or ideas for me thanx.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i've never had to build one... so sorry man can't help you their. I would figure they wouldn't be too hard to build. I'd make sure and get plenty of advice though. You could learn from other peoples mistakes. :thumbsup:
Goodluck man!

Mallyard

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If your thinking portable, I can help you. Take 4 metal stakes, some of that green snow fencing and some zip ties. zip tie the fencing to the poles on both ends of a 7-8 foot peice of fencing, or how ever long you want. then zip tie the other 2 poles about 2 feet into the middle of piece of fencing. Get the fenceing that's either 4 or 5 foot high. Then weave grass and other natural veggies into the fencing and you got your self a good blind. I've built a few and they work like a charm. When you set up the blind make kinda a half rectangle out of the 4 stakes.

Sorry for the bad instructions. It's late and i'm typing fast cuse i need to get to bed. If you have any questions shoot me a PM...

Mallyard

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
waylon's got an interesting blind construction project going on, maybe you could get his plans? LMAO!

·
Registered
286 Posts
shrpshtr said:
waylon's got an interesting blind construction project going on, maybe you could get his plans? LMAO!
I am sure he would give them up no questions asked and tell you were it is at. :umm:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about a prmanent blind. And the design i was thinkin was i could make a frame shaped like a crate and tie chicken wire around it and fill it in with branches and what not.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Mallyard has a good idea for a perm. blind that is not expensive to build.

i was going to suggest that exact same setup, but obviously great minds think alike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.