Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey

Has anyone built their own duck blind or knows for too.
i was hopeing to make my own but dont know what to buy to get started.
can anyone help me please..

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I built a permanent blind on my boat out of 2x4's which were ripped down the center. I made it like a A-frame with a flat top. I wrapped the blind with sheetmetal. The blind has three shooting holes in it. We closed in the front but left the back open. We then painted the outside and stenciled it in. After that we put plenty of brush on it. We attached the brush by making bundles and using one stick on each side of the bundle and screwed it in through the metal to the wood frame, this worked really well and I never had to re brush it all year. From the bottom of the boat it is about 3.5' tall. We have used it for two years with no complaints. We have also never had a duck flare off of it, unlike your popup blinds which you pay to way to much for, when just about every duck that has been hunted before will flare off of them. This blind from start to finish cost about $200. We constently get compliments at the lake and everyone wants to know how to build it. If you need more info just let me know, I will gaurentee you will be happy. The only draw back is it wieghs more than most blinds but is well worth the extra wieght. My 25hp pushes it quite well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got mine on e-bay. Called easy up blind. Works great. I was going to build one also but changed my mind. If I did build one I would build a frame out of pvc conduit (light and cheap compated to aluminum, and easy to cut) then attach camo or grass to it. Make it so it can come apart easy for easy storage and transport in your boat. I really like mine. It folds down to nothing and can be remove from the boat in about 10 minutes. Cost around 340.00 so i had to work a few extra weekends to afford it. Hope this helps. JVex

·
Registered
9 Posts
I welded some 1" metal pipe to several small C-Clamps that attach to the sides of the boat and then used 1 1/4" PVC piping to make the uprights. These uprights slid right over the metal piping. I painted the PVC and metal flat olive green and brown. Then used some Avery type blind material, (Mine was free, You may want to find something different) and attached cattails to it to break up the shapes. The blind works great, is light weight and breaks down in minutes and best of all was cheap.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here's how we made one for my buddies boat:

Used 2x2s for the frame, cut a bunch of grass-made into bundles and used twine to attach it to the frame. Then folded half of each bundle to the inside and half to the outside.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wish I could figure out how to post some pictures of the blind on my boat. I used 1/2" electric tubing for the frame then camo burlap around it. after that I put chicken wire around it with wire tie's. That way I could tie brush onto the blind for extra camoflage.

·
Registered
117 Posts
CALLEMQUACKTN said:
I wish I could figure out how to post some pictures of the blind on my boat. I used 1/2" electric tubing for the frame then camo burlap around it. after that I put chicken wire around it with wire tie's. That way I could tie brush onto the blind for extra camoflage.
Go to storage4all dot com, get your pics off your cpu and then copy just the stuff from
(including these also) and then paste it into your message.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.