Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body out there have any ideas what would be a good paint for my old duck boats,jon and V both need new paint and I finaly got them sanded down and now I need some good ideas for paint to use on them. thanks all for any help I get........Horse.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Try Parker paint. I know the Cabelas store in Owatonna carries it. I have used it before-good stuff.

If you have bare metal though--it is best the apply a oil base tinted(tan) metal primer first. You can spot prime it too if only a few bare spots. The primer really helps to bond to the metal. And then spray the Parkers oil base. All you need is a cheap air spraygun like Menards carries and a small air compressor. Works real slick. 2 thin coats go on real easy. I sprayed a deep wide 14" inside and out with 2 light coats with 5 qts. The parkers comes in gal and qts. about $30 a gal and $10 a qt. It is best to let it "cure" a few days before loading stuff into it IMHO.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help h2ofwlr,on average i get past owatonna 3-4 times a week and cabelas dus have truck parkin,so ya know where I'm stoppen next trip though, Thanks again and have a good day. Horse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts