Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just wanted to give people a heads up. I know it came as a shock to me that I had to get a license to operate a boat on Missouri waterways this year, so I thought I would just let people know in case they didn't already. I don't remember the age cut off for people who don't have to get certified, but I do know that there is a grandfather clause in the law.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I found this:

Mandatory Boater Education
Beginning January 1, 2005, every person born after January 1, 1984, who operates a vessel on Missouri lakes shall possess, on the vessel, a boating safety identification card issued by the Missouri State Water Patrol (along with a valid photo ID). If you fall into the required age range and are a resident of Missouri, you will need to obtain a Missouri certification card. If you are a resident of Missouri but do not fall into the age range, you are not required to have the Missouri card. Remember, a vessel is every motorboat and motorized watercraft including a personal watercraft.

Any person convicted of Boating While Intoxicated, Reckless and Negligent Operation, Failing to Stop on Signal of Water Patrol, or Leaving the Scene of a Vessel Accident shall enroll in and successfully complete, at his or her own expense, a boating safety education course. They must then file with the court proof of successful completion of such course and submit a certified copy to the Missouri State Water Patrol. The convicted person cannot operate a vessel until such filing is made.

I found this on http://boat-ed.com/mo/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also plan on having your registration, navigation lights, life jackets and fire extinguisher to make your boat legal..

There is a new enforcement team on the Conservation Areas this year that plan on enforcing all the boat laws :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.