Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am a biologist i tend to be on a few different email lists that hit the various bio types around the valley. That being said, the birding world is all abuzz about a male Falcated Teal that has been seen flying around a northstate refuge...now that would be one for the wall.

·
Registered
206 Posts
quack-attack said:
Since I am a biologist i tend to be on a few different email lists that hit the various bio types around the valley. That being said, the birding world is all abuzz about a male Falcated Teal that has been seen flying around a northstate refuge...now that would be one for the wall.
I/2 Falcon and 1/2 Teal ? lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
quack-attack said:
Any photos of this bird??

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you think duck hunters are an odd bunch (and we are) you should check out the california birder websites...(just google california and falcated right now) there are birders flocking (pun intended) to this area to add the falcated teal to their life lists....goofy ass birders....BTW...I would like to add it to my life list also but I think my list is different than theirs. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
spoonysmaker said:
There from Asia. But the nest in the alutions south of Alaska. And you can only buy them with a breeders permit. Learned that one the hard way and after a few fines :(
i always wondered about that because ive heard there is a manadrin duck farm close to grizzly and some times guys shoot them in a storm at grizzly...

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are looking for the escaped convicts from the local zoo...If you see one please report it do not approach it as they are considered to be armed and dangerous....

Funny stuff times must be real hard out there....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Really nice looking duck!!

I would get that joker taxidermied! Cause lord knows, I've cooked a few birds that were good looking enough to be mounted. I've promised myself that eveb if I have to put it on credit, I'm getting my 1st banded bird put on a wall mount!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hunted Hollister Land and Cattle Co. Club in the grasslands years ago and the guy whose house I bunked in had one mounted. It's a beautiful bird and quite the conversation story. Ever since I saw that bird I thought it would be an awesome bird to get one day.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I thought you may have been talking about a hefty reward band. I heard this weekend that US Fish and Wildlife banded 1 bird per fly way that pays out to the tune of $250K!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
KenaiHunter said:
I thought you may have been talking about a hefty reward band. I heard this weekend that US Fish and Wildlife banded 1 bird per fly way that pays out to the tune of $250K!!!
Such a level of stupidity on the part of our government would not surprise me one but. :huh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I heard and witnessed about 200 bird watchers at Colusa on Saturday afternoon looking for it. They even had refuge staff directing traffic. It was in the pond in right out of the beginning of the auto tour route for 2 days in a row last week.

So, Colusa anyone?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.