Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got drawn for blind 2 this year, anyone know how soft the bottoms there are? Some other impoundments I’ve been to are just bottomless mud and you pretty much have to have a kayak to get around, is that the case at JMF as well, or is walking okay?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Personally, I can't answer your question but do know that based on other responses I typically see here I suspect most will just tell you that you need to go scout for yourself. I know, not helpful at all, but that seems to be how it goes.

Looking at your screen name I wonder if I know you. Do you fish bass tournaments in the Raleigh area?

·
Administrator
42,495 Posts
Normally posts asking questions like this are answered as it's not cyber scouting. Legit question for people that have been there. In Ohio, I've called the DNR area and asked the question/gotten the answer. Never hurts to ask here though...it's just been slow given Fakebook and other social media.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, I think this is a fair question. More of a logistics question than looking for a handout e-scouting.

Futch has fairly firm bottoms since they plant most of the fields. The impoundments are surrounded by ditches but they have marked bridges.
Looking at the map - Blind 2 is an old catfish pond and I have NO IDEA what the bottom or depth is for this blind. I suspect these are deeper and muddier than the fields

·
Administrator
42,495 Posts
Yeah, I think this is a fair question. More of a logistics question than looking for a handout e-scouting.

Futch has fairly firm bottoms since they plant most of the fields. The impoundments are surrounded by ditches but they have marked bridges.
Looking at the map - Blind 2 is an old catfish pond and I have NO IDEA what the bottom or depth is for this blind. I suspect these are deeper and muddier than the fields
Phone call!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Late to this post but the bottoms of the ponds arent too bad when I last walked in them. they generally rotate the ponds between moist soil and aquatic vegetation allowing for them to dry out for a season with means the bottoms are generally not too mucky or bad to walk on. good luck.

Reactions: bigsprig
1 - 6 of 6 Posts