Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
It can be turned down lower than that. You need to go ahead and break down and buy yourself an osprey, you wont be sorry. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
OH MY GOD. You have got to go if you have never been. I never thought anything would come close to duck hunting but this is pretty close, and even better at times. Theres lots of different ways, but the most common is done at night. We run a generator in the boat with 10 500w halogen lights mounted around the front deck, that gives you light to see in the water. Then you troll through the shallows with a trolling motor, air fan, or air boat. The trash fish move up at night just as most other fish. It is an absolute ball. I got into it heavy a few years ago, and we have a club and put on tournaments here locally from March 1 through september, and we also try to fish some of the national tournaments. For all you need to know go to www.bow.fishingcountry.com

·
Registered
82 Posts
We are huge bowfishers. We have been several time already this year. Went to the diversion canal the other night and killed about 30 gar. had over a hundred lbs of fish. Thats all we do all summer long. we go about 3 times a week. Kill lots of gar, buffalo, and catfish. Kill a bunch of carp on the river also. We fish mostly in Saline Lake and Red River. I shoot the browning Baracuda bowfishing bow with a AMS retriever bottle reel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys I live in Shreveport and have a vacation for the whole month of May and June. I have a bowfishing boat rigged up with lights, generator and trolling motor etc. If anyone is interested in going, hit me up and we can talk about a trip. I used to do this a bunch but want to get into it more. I like bowfishing Toledo, Red River and Bistenau. I am really lookin to get onto some monster gar (100lbs +) and if anyone knows of a good place to get em, let me know.

Rock

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Rock if you live in the shreveport area you should really come and shoot some our tournaments. Well be having one next Friday night on Toledo Bend. We will be meeting at Rebeccas on 191 at 7 or 7;30 and we will head out at 8. It will be a trailering tourney and you can fish anywhere on the lake you wish. Fish count will be at 2 or 3 it is a numbers shoot with a big fish side pot. Entry fee is 20 a person with 15 going to numbers and 5 going to big fish. If you have any questions give me a call. Weve got a good little club thats grown emensely in the past two years. A bunch of good guys that like to have fun more than compete. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Gar is good, buffalo is good, carp is fertilizer. :wink:

·
Registered
857 Posts
You boys need to come down here to the coast and bowfish in the duck ponds (at night) for monster redfish, black drum, sheepshead, flounder (easy to shoot, they lay on the bottom!), and occasionally a speckled trout. All these fish are hella good eating and a blast to shoot. The marsh at night is an awesome place to be.

There's also gar here too, but we don't really fool with them. We'll let a beginner shoot them for target practice before we get to the reds.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
seen some big gar come out of lake maurepas right near Pontchartrain

·
Registered
857 Posts
LA.Call'emClose said:
seen some big gar come out of lake maurepas right near Pontchartrain
Ye sir, Maurepas and Pontchartrain have some monster gar. There's a gar rodeo every summer in Madisonville, right on the Tchefuncte River, lots of guys run jug lines for the gar or bow fish them. Usually a beast around 100-110lbs wins.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Were gonna come down that way next month. Were heading to venice to hopefully catch some specs and reds, so any tips would be appreciated. But Im gonna have my deck on my xpress so maybe we can go out one night and kill some.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.