Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone run spotlight and headlamp wise? I would like a really bright spotlight with pretty good range for scanning while I'm on the boat so that I can see off to the sides. On the other hand I want a really bright headlamp to use for setting up etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

· Registered
3,555 Posts
I can't speak much for an insanely bright spotlight. But I've been using the Divebomb torch headlamp all this past season and it's been great! I like using the redlight as not to destroy my night vision when I'm doing walk in hunts, and the red is actually bright enough to be worth using. And it also has a Hi/ low spot light, and Hi' low flood light options as well as an "all on" where both the hi spot and flood light options are on making for the most light possible. Works great for a headlamp, and the best part for me is it's rechargeable.

· Registered
310 Posts
I use Zebra head lamp, rechargable battery and bright as you could ever want, they make many combinations, flood type and spot type lights as well as different shades of white light. The 18650 battery is the way to go.

· Registered
11,252 Posts
What does everyone run spotlight and headlamp wise?
I've tried a bunch of spotlights and headlights, and here's what I have settled on:

Headlight: Vavofo VF-HLL101. Cheap, easy to use, VERY bright. With the motion-switch feature disabled, it is a gem.
Spotlight: Everstart Maxx SL3HE. Cheap, light, powerful, multi-function, rechargeable. I've been using two of these since the 2020 season. Liked them so much I bought two more as backups in 2021.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts