Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I've shot through a Briley, Carlsons, and Kick's choke. Kicks is the most expensive, but I was probably most satisfied with my Carlsons. It was only about $30-$40 and it patterns really well. I would suggest getting a variety, so you can adapt to the situation, but I usually use the carlson's mid-range choke, or my factory improved cylinder out of my SBEII.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I would add Trulock. They are about the same cost as Carlson from MPC supply and you can get a LM if you want one. Carlson is a little limited on constrictions, but Trulock has them all if you want an in-between one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Briley IM Goose choke for my Nova. I'm happy with it. I bought it b/c my stock M choke shot everything i put through it to the right. I went with Briley after reading through tons of posts w/o seeing any consistent or common complaints against them. I got it towards the end of the season and it will be in my gun all of next season.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I shot the Brileys, kicks, Trulock....the Kicks had the best patterns, but the Brileys were second..pretty good for a mod priced choke..i was shooting a SBE 2 Benelli....Black cloud number 4's.Honkers41

1 - 9 of 9 Posts