Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the store today and found a Browning Gold Hunter 3.5" It was used very lightly and showed almost no sign of use at all. I have no experience with this particular model. I have shot the A-5 but thats it as far as Browning shotguns go. (I own an A-Bolt) So people with experience let me know. Sometimes specific guns have issues, like new 1187 not as good as the old ones for example. What do you know about this gun. I think he wanted $700 bucks.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
They're good guns if they fit you. You can't really go wrong with any trusted name, especially Browning. There are duds out there, but there are duds with every company. I think I got mine for $750 brand new in matte black (after the Browning $100 rebate).

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I've had a Gold for a number of years and absolutely love it. They can be a little bit temperamental to cleaning (as most gas guns are prone to be), but I have had no total failures or jams that could be blamed on the gun itself.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
One additional note- they are VERY EASY to clean...not too dissimilar to a Benelli with the addition of the piston and operating sleeve below it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My dad has one and loves it. If you plan to shoot 3.5's in it, be sure to keep it CLEAN. He has trouble with it jamming the 3.5's.

Other than that, it has performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I was trying to decide between the Gold and another shotgun - The problem I most came across was the spent shells not being ejected. The tolerances were too tight and this caused some jamming issues. The 2nd factor is the Browning did not fit as well as the other. With Brownings name I would have been willing to purchase one. It just did not fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts