Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Duck Hunters,

I'm going to buy a new shotgun (Semi-Auto) for next season, and am considering a Browning GOLD Hunter 3.5 Shadow Grass (26' barrel). I'd appreciate any feedback anybody has regarding this gun. I'm also considering the Remington 11-87; but would prefer a Semi-Auto that can accommodate a 3.5 inch shell - in case any Geese get too close. Please share your thoughts if you have any. Thanks, Chaz.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Chaz, I would consider going with the browning over the remington. Hands down, the browning is a better operating system and overall gun. Say what you will about a remington but, there is something there that is not right.

The one thing I would suggest is going with a 28 inch barrel. All my guns are 28's with the exception of my bps for which I am looking for a 28 inch barrel. I have the shadowgrass finsih on my bps and it looks pretty sweet. good luck! :getdown:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yes the 28" is better for longer shots as the 26" is good for close in "snap" shots. Also the 28" is a bit quieter (not quite as hard on your hunting companions ears). ( the 24" is extremely loud).

2 others to carefully consider are the Win SX2 whcih is what I use--very dependable and will not break the bank either. And the Extrema is a good bet too. It has the lightest kick of any gun out there (20% lighter than a gas operated).

BUT, fit MUST determine which gun is for you. It does not matter if the gun costs $2000, if it does not fit-you will not shoot well, conversely a $200 gun that fits you well, you will shoot well. So Fit should be #1 priority, then price/brand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
good choice, i have been using a gold hunter and a bps for a couple of years and have been very pleased with both . currently i have another gold hunter with the dura touch finish on order and cant wait to get it in my hands . good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had my Gold 3 1/2" in Shadow grass for about four years with out a single problem. The 11-87's only advantage is price over the Gold. For me there is not a better waterfowl gun than the Gold 3 1/2" MOSG. I wish mine had the Dura-Touch.

·
Registered
135 Posts
BUY WHAT FITS! they all work or they wolldnt be around long. remember IF IT DONT FIT IT WONT HIT!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts