Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first gold 10 would not cycle straight out of the box sent it back to Browning and they couldn’t get it to run either. Browning then sent me the newest version of it and I shot about 9 boxes of shells through it, the gun has failed to cycle about a half dozen times or so. I broke the gun down when I got it and cleaned out the factory grease. I have shot a Mag 10 Ithaca for years and had some failures and cycle issues too. I will say that the Browning kicks so much harder than the Ithaca, the gold 10 actually bruised my should a little and the Mag 10 never did that. I had Les at Diamond Gunsmithing work his magic on the Mag 10 and that gun ran 2 boxes without any issues. I broke the gold 10 back down after my last day in Arkansas and there are burrs sticking up on the inside of the receiver, I am going to take a small file and stone to smooth these down and some steel wool to the inside of the receiver and bolt rails. After shooting the gold 10 You couldn’t trade me 2 for 1 of my Mag 10’s, I am less than impressed with this new gun. In 10 gauge I would say stick with the Ithaca or Remington 10’s and just have some mods done. The recoil from my Mag 10 is so much less and I know the gun is lighter I get it. I will say Browning has top shelf customer service, they replaced the first gold 10 and it was over 3 years old, but also had never been shot before I just used it as a backup in Arkansas rice fields. All this of course is my opinion but look at the pictures of the receiver.
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Eyewear Bumper Gadget
Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Wood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
203 Posts
I lengthened the forcing cone to approx 2.5 in. This reduced the recoil.
What I had to do to my Gold Light was polish the magazine tube, barrel extension were the bolt rides, and any internal part I could see wear. Have not had one malfunction since. The Gold 10‘s bolt is not connected to the action barrs light other gas autos. Runs on a gas pulse system. If there is any resistance it will not function properly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ive been shooting mine since 07 nothing but reloads i've got alot of wear but nothing like that i'll have to check it in the morn.Those rails look rough mine are as smooth as glass mine will jam from time to time mostly cause its dirty.Just to follow up i checked my gun for for that dent on the front of your receiver mine has it as well but its a little smoother.Its been there since i bought the gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts