Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have shot 2 of them, and own one. The one I own is the all purpose hunter 26” barrel. Fantastic gun. Shoots well. No recoil. Patterns ALOT better than my SBE3 with the same loads and stock chokes. It came with the browning super strut turkey choke which I haven’t shot yet but I believe it is made by a Briley. My buddy had a wicked wing in 26” barrel. Mine patterns better (my chokes are black and his are the goose band chokes, both are extended). My rib is also 1/8” lower than his and makes a big difference in aiming. His is a figure 8 style sight picture and mine the white bead covers the red bead. (Not a shim issue I measured with tape measure). All in all I would say Browning has a winner. I’ve shot mine quite a bit since I got it mid October and have not had one malfunction to date, my buddy either (we shoot together a lot). I shoot it well and am glad I bought it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll jump in here - I always wanted a Maxus but never bought one. Handled the Maxus 2 and bought one without ever shooting one. I bought the 30" sporting version. I love a longer barrel - I HATE the carbon fiber finish. However - I have never shot a gun this well. I competed in all of the clay sports in college and for several years after and the Maxus 2 SMOKES targets for me. I love mine and have not had any malfunctions yet with target loads (all I've put through it so far). Shooting pheasants with it Saturday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts