Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when choosing between 3" and 3 1/2" why not get the 3", and when choosing between camo or synthetic why not get the camoflauge synthetic stock?
This is a really simple decision. Go w/ the SBE II in Max-4 and you won't be dissappointed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
DOES ANYBODY HERE SHOOT A BERETTA ? I think that they are great guns and have been thinking about getting a new auto 20 guage for the duck blind. I never hear anyone say anything about them on this site. Everyone just talks about the SBEII's. Just thought that i would ask.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in fact ACE, i dont even own a Benelli. Even though it isn't perfect (with the nickel reciever and turkish walnut sick) i shoot my Beretta AL319 Teknys 20 ga. everywhere. From the sporting tournaments to flooded timber, even while I'm turkey hunting. I really like this gun, but think I am gonna get a Stoeger Condor to be my field gun. :mrgreen:
BTW Beretta has excellent customer service.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just thought of this:
I wonder how the Benelli SBEII w/ Comfor tech in MAX-4
would compare to Beretta AL391 Xtrema II MAX-4
Both guns are in the same price and weight range :yes:

·
Registered
387 Posts
frazier2209 said:
I just thought of this:
I wonder how the Benelli SBEII w/ Comfor tech in MAX-4
would compare to Beretta AL391 Xtrema II MAX-4
Both guns are in the same price and weight range :yes:
Go figure! One is made upstairs and the other is made downstairs of the same factory

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
What Ive heard....the SBE has had a problem with the barrel ring snapping off, causing the barrel to come off. These where replaced, for free. The Browning has had some jamming issues, expecially in cold wet conditions.
I myself like both guns, and would buy either, if the wife let me. You have to remember that autos are not perfect. They have a lot of moving parts. Stuff happens...Get ya a new gun with 3.5" chamber, you'll be glad ya did :yes:

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
frazier2209 said:
when choosing between 3" and 3 1/2" why not get the 3", and when choosing between camo or synthetic why not get the camoflauge synthetic stock?
This is a really simple decision. Go w/ the SBE II in Max-4 and you won't be dissappointed :thumbsup:
I'm with it ! ! !

Why when spending this type of money, would a person NOT get a gun that had the ability to do it all, versus one that had limits. :cool:

They will Pry my SBE out of my dead hands. :salude: cooter

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Well the most important diff. to me is that Browing (unlike Benelli) is Made in the US!!

Benelli is made in some farain country like France :eek: or somthing like it........

-Stouff

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a browning gold fusion 6mths ago and love it ,5 friends of mine all shoot the browning golds and have had no problems.
My son 15 yr saved his money from a paper run and bought himself a win super X 2 ,which has the Browning gas and choke system , he too is thrilled with it .

At the end of the day it's the main tool for your slaying and has to fit !!!!!

Cheers kiwi :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
easternshorehunter said:
actually browning is made in Japan
Not necessarily true........ I guess I did make it sound like they were 100% manufactured in the US.

Their Over/Unders are manufactured in Japan, and their Auto loaders (I believe) are made in Portuagal.......

NOW, w/ that said, I would rather throw money toward a company that is at the very least HQ'd in the US..... NOT 100% to a farain country.

-Stouff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firstly - what a great forum and a brilliant question!

AlaskaRedneK is right, browning have most of their u/o made in Japan under both the browning trademark and through their sister company Miroku (nice guns!). Their semi's (Golds) are advertised as made in Belgium, at least that's what is stamped on the barrel.

I shoot both a Browning Gold euro and a Benelli M2, obviously they are completely different guns in most respects. As far as reliability both are exceptional, probably amongst the best available. The browning needs cleaning every 400 rounds or so, whilst the m2 hangs in there for longer. Recoil is moderate in both guns - normally the gas operated browning is miles ahead of inertia but the comfortech stock is an improvement on the m1.

The m2 is much smaller in the forearm - and for someone over 6foot it is probable the gold will fit you better (swinging is smother). Also the Browning has the superior loading system - speed loading is simply that. Fast.

For a pure workhorse I would buy the SBE/M2, only because it will survive the marshland. For looks and style go the Browning - and as for Max 4 stocks: they are at home in the field, but look stupid if you plan to do any range/pigeon/other small game work!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Ducksbeus said:
What Ive heard....the SBE has had a problem with the barrel ring snapping off, causing the barrel to come off.
I have a friend who has a SBE with this problem!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I think when you get to the quality of the guns being talked about it get down to a personal perference. They are all quality guns, just made by different people. And as much as I hate to say it, spending my money is about me. If there is 2 equal products available and 1 in a USA Product than I will buy USA. But the first thing is about the quality I am paying for.

I own 2 SBE's and could not be happier with the product. And if someone stole them from me tomorrow, I would replace them with the same gun. But that is my peference, Browning is a quality gun with no doubt.

MY "WARNING" WOULD BE:

I would not buy ANY gun with the Black Mat Finish. They rust very easily, and need to be wiped down after every outing. I have a Camo SBE, that I don't even haft to clean but once through the bird hunting season Sept - Feb. But the Black Matt SBE has to have the outside wiped down just about every outing or the next time it comes out ofd the case it has a light film of powder red rust starting on it. cooter

·
Registered
38 Posts
I couldn't decide whether to get the Gold or the SBE II either. But I ended up with the Benelli and I found that it is worth every penny. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
cooter said:
MY "WARNING" WOULD BE:

I would not buy ANY gun with the Black Mat Finish. They rust very easily, and need to be wiped down after every outing.
Yeah, I have to totally agree on that.

I have a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum (LEMON of a gun), and it has the matte finish.....and it has started to rust....

-Stouff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.