Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I think it's a quieter call, easy to blow, good sound.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I ask is, I recently joined Delta Waterfowl and they are giving the Fowl Mouth away with new memberships. It's been something I've been meaning to do for a while, and it helped to entice me even further. A free call and a worthwile membership. A free call is a free call I suppose, I don't have many, infact between a J-Frame and a whistle it'll make three. It hasn't been sent yet so I don't have any experience with it. I just wanted to find out if any of you used it before, and what your thoughts may be.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just recieved My Fowl Mouth in the mail from Delta Waterfowl. I was amazed at first blow how soft it sounds, but with the right force it has some great volume. I haven't practiced with it too much yet, but am quite pleased so far. However it has some difficulty with a feeding call. One last issue, it is clearly made to hold a brass collar on it, but it has none. Anyone think I can get one of these anywhere?

·
Registered
883 Posts
No collar? What's up with that? Mine's got one, never seen one without it! I'd ask for a new one, or go to the Gardner web site and ask then about it. Who know's, one manufactured without it may be a collector's item one of these day's! If you search for a user named "tha grizz" on this web site, I GUARANTEE he can help you. He's got some post's in the duck calling forum.:mrgreen:
:salude:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The fowlmouth is a great call. It will get quiet, yet you can really pour the coal to it too. I can help you with the band that goes on that. We made that call for DW without a band on purpose. As for the trouble feed calling pull your call apart and see if it has round ends on the reed or dagger ends. If it has the round reed, that is the old one, the dagger cut reeds feed call alot better I can get you a set of those to. Call me 901-946-2996
or 901-581-6808 cell

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if it has the dagger reed then its likely my problem. The corners are rounded but the tip of the reeds are flat...doesn't sound like a dagger but looks more liek a dagger than other reeds I have. I'll give you a holler next time I get the chance. St. Paddies is kinda a priority around here :salude:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I realize that the call didn't come with the brass collar, though I'd really like one to round it out. It's just a good look y'know. Now I need to scrape up a phone card....

PS: one heck of a st pat's this year....Woooohooo!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only reason i knew it was ST Pats this year is when i went to google it had shamrocks around the letters!! Man am i getting old or what. Guess that's what marriage and children do to you!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.