Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Washington waterfowl festival and one of the announcers called up all the kids in the audience and said that Buck Gardner couldnt make it even though he wanted to but he sent a BOX full of duck calls for all the kids and every kid (even some moms and dads) got a duck call. Pretty funny listening to all those kids quakin around lol But what a great guy!!! Thanks Buck!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wish I was there, I can always use a new call. Thats awesome though, I have two of his calls and love em. Sounds like a real good guy.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Buck is among the first to step up with calls for the kids at Greenwing events. And he offers great instruction to kids at his mini seminars. I take my hat off to him. I think it is big hearted for him to step up as much as he does. I will be buying one of his new mainstreets at the OR. show if he is there for no other reason than that.

I heard it was a good call too but......

Bret

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
That is pretty nice.....

And that is some of the best advertising he could do! How much do you want to bet that every single family whose kids got one of them, went out and bought another one of his calls.....

AND he get publicity thru word of mouth (like right here). Very kind, AND Smart he is!!!! :thumbsup:

-Stouff

·
Registered
16 Posts
My nine year old son just got a Buck Gardner call (Fowl Mouth II). It is a very good call. Out of the three brands of calls we got, it by far out performes the other two. I wish I would have gotten one for myself (and will in the future).

Hats off and "two thumbs up" to Buck Gardner for all he does for our sport.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bret said:
Buck is among the first to step up with calls for the kids at Greenwing events. And he offers great instruction to kids at his mini seminars. I take my hat off to him. I think it is big hearted for him to step up as much as he does. I will be buying one of his new mainstreets at the OR. show if he is there for no other reason than that.

I heard it was a good call too but......

Bret
When you get the Main Street ask to try one of his proto DRs (I know - DR but try one and you'll know what I mean) that he and Corbin Wadlow put together when Buck was here a few weeks back. In fact, try taking it all the way up. He said he'd have a few by the time he got to OR. I try to blow any new call I come across and didn't expect what I ran into with this thing. I'm told that I got kind af a glazed look during the first string. Couldn't pry it away from me the rest of the evening and I skipped the Que to keep getting to know it.
This one's worth checking out!

Buck does go the extra mile for the kids.

Rel Atwood

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
damn...he is supposed to be at the OR festival this coming weekend. I was really looking forward to meeting the guy and sitting in on one of his seminars. hope he makes it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am lucky enough to be good friends with Buck's sons and have had the good fortune of knowing and being able to hunt with Buck. You guys are right on the money when you say they are good people, not to mention full of waterfowling knowledge and wisdom. I am of course biased, but for an advanced caller I haven't ever blown a better duck call than his acrylic tall timber (single reed).

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yep, nice guys. All the Gardner's and the staff. I have visited with his oldest son Brad Gardner and staff folks, very helpful and friendly people. Gotta Gardner calls camo hat signed by Buck. His son sent it to me. They are on this chat line every now and then. Mostly in the duck calling forum.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Well I hooked up with Buck this weekend and bought one of his mainstreet calls. It sounds very good, and I enjoyed chatting with
Mr. Gardner He is a real nice guy. His new call is really an easy call to run. I payed $80 for an acrylic single reed call of this quality....nice.

I let him blow my comp call and his eyes opened wide he just simply said awesome. It gave me a lot of confidence in my comp call.

I believe he was giving a bunch of whistles away to the kids this weekend.

Bret

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Im sooo jealous of you guys that got to go.......

Next year im gunna see if i can extrude a few flyers miles from my folks......

-Stouff

·
Registered
796 Posts
Bret said:
Well I hooked up with Buck this weekend and bought one of his mainstreet calls. It sounds very good, and I enjoyed chatting with
Mr. Gardner He is a real nice guy. His new call is really an easy call to run. I payed $80 for an acrylic single reed call of this quality....nice.

I let him blow my comp call and his eyes opened wide he just simply said awesome. It gave me a lot of confidence in my comp call.

I believe he was giving a bunch of whistles away to the kids this weekend.

Bret
Bret, what is your comp. call?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Stouff "tha Grizz" is Brad Gardner's screen name. I'll have to look and see what the other guys have posted under.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.