Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building trying to build an ecaller. i have a tape player and i just bought a 100wt powerhorn from radioshack.my question is what else do you think i should add to this. I really dont know that much about stereos but what i was thinking about was another 100wt powerhorn and 2 50wt powerhorns and do i need a amp or not really needing some help on this

Thanks Mallardman92

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
2 speakers are minimum. Most guys use 4. The big the speaker the better. Yes most use an amp with 4 speakers. Many guys are going to MP3 instead of tapes. Some stereos come with a built in amp, like 40 watts per channel, but watch the distortion, as in truth they are more like 10 watts with out distortion. Remember distortion is what blows the speakers, not volume. Most guys buy a plastic tool box and hard mount the amp and stereo in it and set up a jack system on the end and plug in the speaker jacks. Most use at least 2-100' and 2-50' wire runs. SOme use 4-60', but regrett it. and some use 4-100' wire runs.

Guys use lawn tracter/motorcycle batteries it seems. Small enough to fit into the tool box on 1 end. But have spare with as if it is cranked, you use a lot of juice. And remember to bring a battery charger with to recharge if on the road. I've seen guys using jumper cables too to charge the battery if need be.

I hope this gives you the basics. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just picked up a mini-Phantom and a snowgoose sound stick and am going to see about adapting it to my e-caller..........anybody ever use one of these??My e-caller already runs a tape deck and a c.d. player w/300w amp,and 2 radio-shack 100w speakers............darn thing makes my ears ring............will post up results w/the phantom...oh yeah......no little garden tractor battery for me,I have a 12v outta a semi that plays that caller all day for 4 days straight :eek: :yes: ........worth the extra weight :thumbsup: ...................SF

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Also do search of the site for other topics on this which will have added info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.