Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use a 2 shot and i miss the only duck i saw up at the lake. everthing was picture perfect but when i shot 3 _ _ _ _ ___ times they flu aways. can someone tell me if it is the gun or the bullets.

and what is better 2,4,6 or bbb

·
Registered
29 Posts
I shot a 3.5 in #3 shot I have good luck with it on small ducks. on bigger ducks I shot a bb or bbb. always a 3.5 in.. ducks are tough. I have shot them and it will bounce off. It just depends on where you hit them. But, if you think you are hitting them and not knocking them down go to a bigger size or faster feet per second or even a heavy or tungston shot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I shoot 3in steel BB's there is over 100 pellets in ea shell. With steel if you can shoot and have a good pattern you are hitting the ducks but you aren't knocking them down. I believe with bigger shot you make a bigger hole and have a greater chance to hit bone or a vital. the problem is that steel has no knockdown power. Everyone that I hunt with changed to BBs this year and more ducks are falling. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.