Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ever duck or goose hutned at the C&D canal? My buddy and I did a little scouting last week and found a couple ponds and a few fields that look ok. Im trying to find new places to try out next year. Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have never personally hunted @ or around the canal but I can tell you from flying around there with the military that there is a ton of Canadians all along there! Lums Pond was loaded with birds right around the last 2 weeks of the season. It's ashame that the state does'nt open it up to hunting since you can't swim in it anymore. I think it would be a nice area to hunt. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daffy I agree with lums pond, there are some nice corn fields around there also. I have been down the canal a couple times and it doesnt seem to many geese use the ponds or fields on the canal. Instead they pick the fields that are privatley owned and 200 yards away :mad: . I have managed to pick up 2 new hunting places in NJ already, but I want to find some here as well considering those are an hour and a half away.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff,
Thats not a problem, I have 2 farms to hunt in NJ that are great. The only problem is that they are an 1 to 1.5 hours away. I was just looking for something local so I could go a couple days during the week when I got off work. I have been down the canal 3 times recently and havent found anything promising!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts