Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do cabelas brand waders typically run true to size? is a 9 really a 9? i'm looking at the neostretch, and 800 light mag's. off season sale shopping, heck yeah.

the awesome hip boots i have now run big, example my 8's fit more like 9's. i just want more coverage for my buttage. i'm 5'9", 150 lb, 32 waist.

if anybody can help.... thanks!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
In my experience no - I have the light mags and some breathables with a seperate boot, and I would say they run a bit large. I wear a sz 13 shoe/boot typically, but in my light mags the boot is a 12 and they are still a bit large. I could MAYBE slip down to an 11 but I would rather have a little more room than necessary verses a tight fit.
-Erik

·
Registered
917 Posts
I wear a size 8.5 and I have size 6 waders, and I usually wear at least one pair of wool socks and a thinner liner. That said, I like my boots a bit tight, exp when I can't lace them tight: There is nothing worse than getting blister on the back of your heel, while standing in 18" of water, when the air temp is 25.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have a set of 1600s size 12. Boot size they are pretty true, but they are so long. I have the straps adjusted as short as they'll get and they are still and inch or two long....am I'm not short by any means, I'm 6'1"

·
Registered
342 Posts
The boots run big. I order the same size as the shoe I wear, this accounts for the big sock. Personally, however, I wear my waders loose because that offers the best blood flow and keeps me the warmest. If I did a lot of walking I would get them to actually fit me.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I got the same size as my shoe and find it works well for me. I like having the option of thick socks on though. I HATE cold feet. Early season I wear 2 pair of thin socks to reduce blisters. But come Dec/Jan I love having toasty toes.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Im 5ft 9 185 9.5 shoe.I ordered size 10 stout cabelas 1200gram neos and they are too big
This yr for the warmer weather I ordered size 9 reg breathables 600 gram and they are just rite.So yea they run a bit large.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts