Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I made an attempt at getting some feedback on Duck Commander calls. I prefer the original and the cut-down reacher. I will add that the cut-down call that I bought came out of the wrapper with feathers!!! This was a nice change. Usually I have to tune on them for quite a while no matter what brand it is. :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, La-ndn, who was that comment pointed towards? You made some lame statement about getting a real call. I also noticed that you made no attempt at suggesting a "real" call. Indulge/humor me! 8)

G

·
CANEMAN said:
Hey, La-ndn, who was that comment pointed towards? You made some lame statement about getting a real call. I also noticed that you made no attempt at suggesting a "real" call. Indulge/humor me! 8)
WELL OLT IS FOR KIDS USE A DUCK COMMAMDER OR RICH N TONE LEAVE THE SILLY KID STUFF AT HOME TRY DOUBLE REED ANY HAYDEL WILL DO

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a buck Gardner double reed call to start working them makes a loud clear hail call and I use a Mallard Tone double reed to bring em home it makes a nice feed call.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
What is up with the trash talk? :?

To each his own; live and let live. Words to live by.

I use a RNT open water and a Foiles Timber rattler, both are acrylics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The best call to this duck caller is the Primos Wench II. Duck Commander gets an honorable mention.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've used 2,double reed old style RNT for about 9 years and I've had no complaints, just this year I purchase my first acrylic call(double reed RNT daisy cutter). I love it. This call worked wonders on the few mallards I've seen and killed, and even them crazy gadwalls like this call.

See ya in the flooded greentimber

·
Registered
924 Posts
$130 echo, $12 cut-down commander, some $8 big river call. I use the big river more than anything else, its the only one that has NEVER stuck or frozen up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
All calls stick even the ones that say they blown when their wet, but in time they all stick. Years ago my grandfather show me how to help prevent sticking reeds and it works. I use all double reed calls and I'm an aggresive caller, therefore sometimes the reeds stick, so when they stick I use chapstick of all things. Just be careful not to bend the reeds and get out of the water if your going to take the reeds out and add your chapstick. Your looking at a dipstick who learned that the hard way. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I just purchased a duck call because the one that was passed down to me was a peice of swollen crap! hard to blow, no raspyness, absolutly no loudness so i purchased this new RNT Quack Head, it is a great call and the loudness and crispness is amazing, it is also not that expencive but truly built for the hardcore waterfowler, i would suggest it to any waterfowler (very easy to blow).

Quackhead
The Quackhead Brand of calls was designed and built by RNT, for the die-hard, hardcore waterfowler, who demands true, consistent sound and performance from a call, even under the most extreme hunting conditions. Through persistent research and design development RNT has given the Quackhead brand of calls its own unique sound while incorporating some of the trademark features that go into each and every RNT call to produce this very economically priced line of calls. Each call is individually tuned and tested to assure that you receive the highest quality production call in the field. Quackhead calls are ready to put meat on your table!

J-Frame Duck Call
The Original J-Frame call is a single reed Arkansas style duck call. The name J-Frame was derived from the appearance of the single reed and cork assembly. The cork slot along with the profile of the tone board, forms the shape of the letter "J".This single reed call was designed to be a versatile, easy blowing, wet blowing, nasty, duck-on-a-stick, duck call. Loud raspy quacks, soft seductive quacks, and screaming Arkansas style hail calls can all be done with this call. Open water or flooded timber, this call will flat get with it.

click below to listen to it. http://www.rntcalls.com/RNT_sounds/main ... ckhead.wav

·
Registered
5 Posts
i'm a 15year old kid that has been calling for 5 years and i have always used a cutdown cocobola and acrylic and just and acrylic both are dobble reeded and i have out called many adults like ull belive me but i have brought many green heads back to my spead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey what a coincidence i am also 15! this is my first year waterfowling and i haven't learned how to call too many duck but today i called in 4 ducks out of the 10 we saw. acctully i was quite amazed because it was going in the opposite direction with a flock of teal and it was pretty far of but i really reached out to it and made it turn and fly right over my face!!! I bagged that one, once again with size 4 shot (3/4 ounces)!! i don't know why people think that the 12 gauge is much better then the 20?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm 14 hehe one year short... anyways i've been calling for 5 years also and found that hadyls and Primos are the best. The primos wench and the PHAT lady are the calls I use most. but I do like the haydles single reed. I recived the phat lady for christmas and never touched one of my other calls since.

Mallyard 8)

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive been doing it for 3 years. so i hace a good idea of what i should do. now dose any one hunt divers(blue bills, buffle heads, old squaws).if you do let me some of ur tricks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts