Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm stuck with finding the right camo. I'll be mostly in either corn, wheat, or soybeans all year. Mostly corn though. I like the Advantage wetlands a lot but it's hard to find that on the parka I want. Do I just go with shadowgrass or max-4 instead? What camo do you guys like the best? Which one blends in the best? Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like Adv. Wetlands, but it's getting harder to find. The new Shadow grass looks pretty good too. Max-4 is too dark for the places I hunt.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there has to be a bunch of you guys out there that have an opinion on this so come on. I think I'm gonna end up just going with SG cause I can't seem to find what I want and Adv. Wetlands together. What do you guys use?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have both shadowgrass and max4. I think the shadowgrass will blend in better with the corn because it has lighter colors than the max4.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah I just use what ever I figure as long as it kind of matches my surroundings and still breaks me up good enough it will work. But I really try to stay to the Adv. wetland or cattails but you know that is just me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been waterfowling so long that absolutely none of my camo matches. I keep hoping that I just blend in...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The ducks/geese don't care, as long as they are natural colors (brown, green, grays,etc.) you will be fine. The camo you use dosen't have to match your surroundings.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a terrible thing. Why do they go and change it when they have something that's soo good already. That's sales for ya. Too bad. My new shadow grass stuff looks pretty good though. Can't complain there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would recommend, skyline fallflight, but it's very difficult to find nowadays. And if you do, it's usually cheap crap. Cheap as in uninsulated, poor quality, under a $100 bucks, etc.. I have practically every camo pattern ever created on the face of this Earth. My #1 choice is wetlands, and my #2 is skyline, but that's because 99.99% of the time I hunt a marsh where the only 2 surroundings is grass and cattails. But if I was hunting flooded timer, I would grab some breakup. If possible, try to get the camo pattern that best matches the habitat where you'll do the majority of your duck/goose hunting. Don't look up directly at the birds until u got your finger on the trigger ready to pull it, stay still and u should be oooooootay. :salude:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Consider anything in old "brown camo". That's right - brown camo. What ever you find will be cheap. & yes - it works. Been working for me the last ten years. Like others have said; it's your movement that they see. My mistakes & stupidity are what have cost me birds - not my cheap old brown camo. I swear by it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Old Shadow grass was by far the best camo on the market. to bad they came out with New Shadow Grass and completely ruined the old pattern!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
if your hunting in fields, you could probably find a layout blind with the right pattern for you... then you wont so much have to worry about the pattern on your coat.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
mallardhunter said:
I think shadow grass was the best all around camo. It went with just about everything around here.
I agree

Wetlands worked good when I was hunting all the corn fields. Blended in pretty good on our marsh too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
[/quote]The Old Shadow grass was by far the best camo on the market. to bad they came out with New Shadow Grass and completely ruined the old pattern!!!!!!!!!.......
i would agree with goosehunter on this one i really wish they would have keep the stuff they way they did

1 - 20 of 24 Posts