Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do yall use for camo out in the slough? I'm a shadowgrass man myself but it's a personal preference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am with you! I am a shadow grass man my self, but some of the sloughs I hunt do not have any grass in them so i stick out like a sore thumb, and i have to break out the break up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
COME-ON GUYS. JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS PRETTY IN THE STORE DON'T NECESSARY MEAN ITS THE RIGHT ONE TO BUY.

THE OLD BROWN CAMO STILL WORKS FINE IN A BLIND, AND THE OLD GREEN ARMY CAMO STILL WORKS GREAT WHEN WADING IN THE TREES.
AS LONG AS YOU RESTRICT YOUR MOVEMENT, MOST ANYTHING WILL WORK. THE BIGGEST THING TO WATCH IS YOUR HANDS, AND FACE. PUT ON THOSE GLOVES, THE CHEAP ONES WORK JUST AS GOOD (UNTIL IT GETS COLD). USE A FACE MASK (IF YOU CAN STAND IT), OR JUST "DUCK DOWN" AND DON'T LOOK UP AT THE BIRDS. THEY SEE MOVEMENT. CAMO IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO WEAR DEER ORANGE EITHER.

·
Registered
27 Posts
leadhead im with u all the way advange wetlands just looks pretty but i'll go with real tree camo or mossy oak it dont really make a differnce on the camo as long as u sit still but i know there are some of u out there that move around to much and id hate to be the one hunting with u

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got suckered into NatGear. It was late season and I was in fallen trees alot. Now this year is new, I am not going out to that spot anymore. Still using the NatGear but I am more partial to Shadow grass but its a little to dark. Sun faded it starts looking good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i like the shadowgrass. But this year i bought a new jacket and got that Max 4 hd and that has a little of everything in it. I am happy with it so far

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I was really into Fall Flight a few years ago - now I like Advantage Wetlands. I really do not know what all the hype is for Mossy Oak. Not really what I need for waterfowling - unless you're in flooded timber, and I do not have that type of hunting here in Maine. Problem is that all the local stores seem to order alot of it and then never have the marsh stuff I am looking for. Nothing new for me to order by mail, but I would prefer Dick's or WalMart for example would provide a better selection. I am willing to pay the price and get what I want!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I use breakup mostly, but you have to consider where you hunt. What will blend in the best. I use green cane for cover so you would think I would use shadow grass, but I am in the middle of the green cane. When you try to look through a patch of green cane, its dark in the middle due to the thickness of the cane, therefore I use breakup to hide in the shadows. It really depends on where you hunt and the cover available. When we hunt from the boat with a blind on, my uncle just wears his carhartt duck brown. Don't get taken in on the "WOW this is new, and the most expensive, I'll use this".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Advantage wetlands seems too yellow for hunting the salt water marshes of Long Island. Switched to shadow grass this season, it seems to blend in alot better with the brown mud and marshgrass of the bay. Any other Yankee's with a opinion?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hardwoods for me. I even had my guns camo in hardwoods for only 150 a gun. Factory.. Looks great. Same people that do knght and hales camo.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I know what you are talking about duckhntr, those boyz down south along the MS river think they is the only ones that hunts them ducks :p Where I hunt you are at times lucky have any trees around much less them being in the water like the flooded timber then Rebels have. I too use the Fall Flight pattern that Skyline has put out. I wish it was even lighter in color yet and most everything is gold colored in the prairies. Too bad Skyline screwed up a few years ago---you can hardly ever find it now in the stores or catlogues and at their website they want bou cou $ for it :cry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Who in here in their right mind would wear hardwoods camo hunting geese in a barley field? NOT ME! I wear my camo accordingly. CAMO DOES MATTER. Good idea to purchase different patterns. That way you too can hunt accordingly. Just my 2 cents.

Joseph

1 - 20 of 64 Posts