Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing like taking the family/friends camping and enjoying the weekend or week. Especially when you get a good spot and watch that sunset. :thumbsup:

[siteimg]484[/siteimg]
[siteimg]485[/siteimg]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Camping is one of my favorite thing to do....but camping and knowing you're going after that big ol' tom or those honkers in the morning makes it even BETTER!!!! :yes:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'll tell you all now, If you have never made it to the Boundary Waters and Canoe and Wilderness Area (BWCAW - or BWCA) you have not experienced camping in it's primal glory. You need to go! It is truly a trip of a life time, if you are inquisitive about it, I can help you find a route. No charge. You may have to do some carrying but it is worth every penny you spend. There is nothing like the great northwoods to get you going, and don't be suprised to hear wolves or see ghosts across the lake. Truly a fantastic trip! Many a great day has been spent up there, it's no wonder why I'd like to take a moose outta' there.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Trois is right. I did a 4 day 4 night boundary water float when I was about 15. It was an unbelievable experience. They give you a map, food, and the neccesities and set you on your way. Your number one piece of equipment is that map, because without it there is no hope of find your way to your pickup spot. The fishing was great. Walleye, Northerns, and some smallmouth. This was the first time I ever got to see Northerns, so I was amazed at how they'll smash topwater.
I really want to go back someday. It was truly a trip of a lifetime if you like to camp.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Oh yeah, camping is great. :thumbsup: Back at the first of March, we took a canoe trip down the Ogeechee river and camped over night on a big ass sandbar. It's nothing like sitting by the river eating backstraps and woodie breasts cooked over an open flame. We try to do this at least once a year, but other obligations usually get in the way. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Camping ah what a joy. Haul a big trailer with all the amenities from home to a park in which you can barely pull up between all the other folks with their big riggs music blairing till quite time 10:00 pm or 11: pm then wake to the sounds of some one pulling in or out of the site next to you Ah! relaxation at its finest. :toofunny: I like to throw a few things in the boat or canoe and go into the back waters / country no TV, radio, cell phone, except for emergency use on my part. The only sounds are those of nature then wham out of nowhere a jet screams over head or a helicopter flys over just to let you know that you are not that far out of civilization. :thumbsup: Familly camping, thats off to a provincial camp ground or federal park and put up with the city dwellers in the wild out doors.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I love goin campin!

Especially when I get to go w/ the Boy Scouts....

Aint nuthin like teachin them youngins the finer points of camping! :yes:

-Stouff

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nothing beatsa good solid straight week of camping... Im an Eagle Scout and have camped my whole life and love it. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Dont know why people like the city life.... Thank god im a country boy! :getdown:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i am lucky cause my wife and family love to camp with me. it works out pretty good to cause they'll usually sleep in (9am-ish) and i'll fish or hunt early and late in the day and spend the rest of the time with them. good times...

i may just have to check with the wife about going this coming holiday weekend. i am off for 4 days... :smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.