Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
some guy swear by the super mags. because there more visible.and they can use less dekes.i think they mean they cant tell its an abnormally giant decoy. ive been using one super mag bluebill deke with a few standards and the divers like it. i am thinking of getting more super mags. when you look at the super mag with the standards. it seems like it would look bad because of the size difference. but its not bad at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't think they can, but I can, therefore I don't mix. But I'm so anal that I won't mix decoy brands either. :yes: When I put out a big spread I use 4to6 dozen higdon standards. Small spread, one dozen magnums. But like I said before I'm wierd. :toofunny: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ducks come in different sizes just like people......I don't know that it makes a difference, we mix all the time.....but mostly use mags because they are more visable.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have three dozen magnums and there is one thing I dont like about them. If you have to pack them any distance, you can't fit very many in a decoy bag. I can fit close to three dozen hotbuys in the same space it takes to put a dozen mags. The hotbuys look like babys next to the mags, but I like to mix them in with each other. Looks more realistic to me. Im not sure if the ducks care or not.

Next year I will have about 4 dozen regular hotbuys just so I can pack a ton of decoys in one bag if I have to hike in....

Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ducks come in different sizes just like people......I don't know that it makes a difference
You're making me feel better about my wieght problem. :tounge: :toofunny: :laughing: :laughing: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
10 ga. said:
I personally think you should use what you think will work.If I use something I dont have faith in I am always second guessing myself.A lot of the things that are for sale are to get us to decoy to it not the ducks.
Amen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.