Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
:lol: Ya when it was cupped up was it honkin or just sayin "Hey hoser Im comin down Eh."

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here is a pretty helpful link about the different subspecies of Canada geese. According to the Washington F&W hunting regulations, a cackling goose is a canada goose with a bill length 32 mm in length or less.

http://www.oceanwanderers.com/CAGO.Subspecies.html

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was just going to post that picture and ask, but Tom beat me to it! And I love the term you coined for it Tom, "Micro-goose". Right on :thumbsup: So, did it look like that one?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
My brother in law shot one this morning, probably weighed 4 pounds :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I sure got a good laugh out of it!!! But we do get quite a few of them in kansas. Especially right now with the tons of birds we have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it was a "Canadian" goose, it would be on its way down here to Florida to fly slow in front of all the native ducks and tell them how they do things up in Canada and how wrong we do things down here!!! :tongue:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Matt Jones said:
If he said it wasn't a Canada goose, then perhaps it was a brant. Maybe a black brant from the west coast. They are sometimes shot on the east coast.
So, then it would look like this?! :biggrin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ok so now we've got double banded brant! Show off! :hammer: That's awesome!

[/quote]

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.