Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the season is over (not trying to give new news) and I was wondering if anyone ever catches catfish here in Washington. I am not really asking for anyones secret spots just hear some stories and see some pictures. The same thing with bass would be cool too.
Im not even so sure that anyone will be responding to this...But we'll see.
Ryan

·
Registered
700 Posts
well, not sure about that side of the state but sprague lake near spokane had monsters, I used to limit out, between 10-18 lbs everytime. Unfortunately, they killed it off last year. I'd head to the snake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if recommending another chat site is kosher or not but washingtonlakes.com has lots of fishing info and stories and pics. I unfortunately don't have many of either but mossygo was correct about the snake river lots of catfish and small mouth bass. My most recent bass story isn't even my own but while ice fishing last weekend at eloika lake near spokane the fellow next to me pulled a nice 18" largemouth through the ice.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Go to the local ACE hardware and they will probally let you know some spots. In skagit county Cambell Lake is pretty good for both but, you need a boat.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I do quite a bit of bass fishing May-July and have caught a bunch of smallmouth (they average 6-10 inches in my area). If you are in the Pullman area during those months, send me an e-mail and I can take you out and show you some spots.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the information to everyone. What are some of the sizes of bass that everyone has caught in Washington. Any nice ones?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I caught a lake record at a tiny lake outside of cheney at 7lbs 9oz, one over eight at silver lake, I can go on and on. There are plenty of biguns everywhere.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, I grew up fishing the potholes and I know what to use, when to use it, and where to use it. Its my favorite spot for large and smallmouth bass. But when I moved to Ellensburg for college in 2003, my dad moved back to the east coast and took his bass boat. I've been there a few times without a boat and caught many fish but if you want to meet up sometime I'm sure we could have a lot of fun over there. :biggrin:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would be fun. We might have to stay in touch. I really want to make some duck hunting trips over there this season.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts