Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently seen a Daly 3" auto for sale for around $330.00. I was thinking about purchasing it for a back-up shotgun. I am worried about the price, if its true what they say, "you get what you pay for" I might want to pass on this gun. However, 330.00 for a semi auto seems pretty good if its not a piece of crap. Has anyone ever owned one or heard anything on this gun?
Thanks, Bryant

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally have never shot one, but i know a couple of people who do own them and use them very hard and have never had a complaint. For 330.00 I would jump on it if it's in good shape.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I just recently bought a Charles Daly semi-auto but it is a 3.5. My buddy bought the 3". We both like them very well. I have shot a few dove with it but I haven't used it that much yet. The only problem with mine is that it's a 3.5 so it won't handle 2 3/4" loads. They're not heavy enough and it won't kick them out. My buddies' 3" handles the 2 3/4" shells just fine. We both paid over $400 for ours so I guess it just depends on the shape of the gun. I wish I could tell you more but I'm waiting to try it out on some ducks with 3" or 3.5" shells.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
In my experience you get what you pay for with guns. Have owned a cheap crappy gun. Then I forked over the money for a Beretta and will never buy a cheap gun again (except for another 870 I love my Wingmaster).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a Charles 12 as one of my back-up guns and for the money, you can't beat it. Light, fair recoil and very dependable. I would highly reccomend it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i recently purchased a semi-auto daly, i couldnt be more happy with it. the people that i talked to before i got my gun said it is one of the most reliable guns they know of. its right up there with remington. dont let the price tag fool you. its a great gun!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 12 gauge semi auto. I have been hunting with it for about 2 to 3 years and i can tell ya it has never hung up or gave me any problems. It beats carrying around a heavy gun. :getdown: The gun is worth the money

·
Registered
64 Posts
My .02 is stay away from the gun if you are willing to spend $330 on a backup gun get a 870 or nova and be done with it. I have owned a 3" CD and will never own another pile of junk like it again. It was inaccurate and jammed all the time(and I cleaned it after every trip to the field)like I said thats just my .02 :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
961 Posts
i have a friend who shoots one and hasn;t had any problems i know of from light dove loads to hevery ducks it handles fine from what i have seen... but he dosen;t really put much abuse on it because of him not haveing much time to get out... and he only hunts in nice weather ... and we all know that isn;t the best wya to kill birds so i guess i don;t know how it handels cold and rain but i would have to go with duckcraker i would rather own an 870 or nova being it is a back up gun and much of the time you use your back up gun when your gun might be jamming ... if your 1,400 dollar gun is jamming because it is cold ... 330 who know it is about a 50/50 shot... could be the best deal ever ... could be getting ******

·
Registered
8 Posts
Charles Daly shotguns are crap. My buddy had one first day out on the water he misfired, everytime he wanted to fire he had to eject a live round and the squeeze the trigger. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a lot of mixed feelings about this gun. My little brother has a 3 1/2" CD maxi mag and I think it is a pretty good gun for the money, Ive shot it a few times and liked it, never had any problems when I used it. I know that shooting light loads out of it sometimes can cause it to not eject the shells right sometimes, but a lot of 3 1/2" auto loaders do that with light loads though, even higher end guns. I would say that it was worth the money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one a few years back for my son and it never worked properly. Sent it back to the factory and it still didn't work very well when we got it back. Pretty good single shot though. I would buy the new Mossberg 935 if I were you. Not much more, American made, and can shoot 3.5" also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts