Where does your Christmas tree go?
Trash325.00%
Sink it541.67%
Some other form of helping wildlife433.33%

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What do you do with your tree. We all have many options of what we can do with our trees and throwing them on the street or taking them to the land fill does not have to be one of them. I encourage you all to contact your local DNR office to see what options they have available for you. Sinking, pililng it up of muclching it are all good things.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If you have no pine trees around, place the Xmas tree by the bird feeder if you have one. The song birds love to sit in it for cover from birds of prey.

As mentioned, sinking it for bait fish cover is another good option. Just do it in deep enough water, so it is not a navigation problem for boaters. You can gather several of the neighbors trees and tie them together for a crib and sink them. If you have enough ice with the cold weather, chop a hole big enough to sink the trees through the ice. Less than 20' of water is best, but deeper than 5' so motors will not hit it.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
We use an artifical tree now. My wife got tird of cleaning up all the needles when I tried to get it back outside. But if I had a real one I would burn it in the pit and pretend it was the yule log. :yes:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
We have a fake tree. It goes up in seconds and looks good. I know they grow trees for harvest. But I see no point in cutting down a prefectly good tree. If I ever got a real tree, I would have it rooted so I could replant it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.