Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have had at&t wireless for years with no troubles and good service even while hunting and fishing. now that cingular bought at&t. our service area has been cut in half. the phone keeps cutting out. now the battery wont stay charged. :pissed: once our contract is up we will be finding a new service. so tell me about your cell phone companies. good and bad please.[/b]

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
i use verizon..can't complain about the service...that is, when i get service. it seems the only place i actually get a signal is up and down the I-5 corridor. if i travel out to the easter parts of the state, or head out your way on I-84..i get signal in spots, but mostly not.

that and the fact that i am "roaming" when i travel less than 3 miles from my house...lol.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
both of y'all may want to check on sprintpcs. i don't know what there coverage is in your respective areas but i can't find a swamp or lake in the south east that my phone doesn't work on. (at least the ones i frequent anyway.) their coverage is almost too good because i can't even hide in the woods from my wife now... :thumbsdown: :toofunny:

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have had cingular for the past 3 years and never once had a problem. have traveled all over the country with it . compared to the services i have used cingular is the best i have had.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shrpshtr sc is pretty flat isnt it. idaho and oregon is more moutainus. why the service isnt as good. i was thinking about going to verizon too. thats not good. but at&t was great service in alot of rural area as well as the cities.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
yeah donnell, SC is pretty flat...but we do have some terrain that gets a bit of elevation to it. nowhere near what you guys have. i guess i didn't pay attention to y'all being in the mountains. i imagine it is a lot tougher to find quality service up there. i know when i got flyfishing in Western NC mountains things are hit and miss near the tops.

good luck.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have pretty good service with verizon. I've had it for about 2 years. My phone is kind of crappy and I need another one but it gets the job done. It picks up great everywhere I go. I've been all over the southeastern U.S. and had no problems getting service. There is one exception though, when I go to my one hunting spot, it does't get any service. That's the only place I've found it doesn't get service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.