Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I just bought a duck plucker for the drill. Geting ready now to go out goose hunting this morning.

Got my fingers crossed, hoppinh I can give an actual field report of how well it works.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
On duck I will just take one good grab of feathers straight down the breast, then tear the skin and pull it down all the way around the breast. Then I cut the breast out, making sure to stay as close to the bone as possible to get that sweet tasting little tender strip (you guys know the little tender piece I speak of).

With pheasants I actually just poke my finger right under the breast and pull up, it takes it all out. You get the wings and breast and thats it. (wings get saved for puppies). If it s a big pheasant I save the legs.

Geese I usually just breast out, every once in a while I will pluck one for baking. I have a neighbor who will trade me home made beer for plucked geese, so I think they will be getting plucked...

damn Im hungry now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.