Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Don't bring duck club cancer to Idaho. If you're an unattached hunter, out on your own with a boat or whatever great. But elitist clubs just wind up getting more and more private land behind a sign. Hate it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K,

let me re-phrase that, can a guy find good duck hunting within 3 hrs of salt lake, on public land?????

I dont make alot of money to join a club, but if needed i could scrape up some $$$!!!

9er

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
9er said:
K,

let me re-phrase that, can a guy find good duck hunting within 3 hrs of salt lake, on public land?????

I dont make alot of money to join a club, but if needed i could scrape up some $$$!!!

9er
1st there are really no clubs in Idaho like you see down in Utah... there are a few clubs that are grandfathered in the system and they do cost a good amount of cash to Join...

as far as hunting yes there is good hunting north of ya... just park on the boarder with your boat at the wee hours of the morning and then as soon as a truck and duck boat passes you follow him all the way to the ramp... if you can't keep up with that truck don't worry about anouther 20 more will be coming...

I was looking at a Job and talked with a few friends in Utah about moving down there and they told me I was nuts for trying to leave... they all come up to Idaho to hunt on the weekends... so I'm sure if you look at most of the ramps from Twin Falls to Poky you will see more Utah Plates then Idaho...

good luck

Jake

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jake...You are dead right. I grew up in Idaho Falls and live in Pocatello right now and it seems like every year there are the same trucks plus a few more at the ramps from Utah. I know of a few groups of guys from utah that have purchsed a little beat up home less than a mile from one of the ramps around here. They come up almost every weekend and stay at that house. It is just going to continue to get mroe crowded.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are plenty in the SLC area. How much do you want to spend? Check out the Rudy & J&S. Also, go to Gallenson Gun and ask Steve what ones there are. I belonged to one for a couple of years, after the first weekend or two the pressure goes away. Hunting during the week is the only way. The hunting is not that great but it is a place to go.

Spend your money on a boat and get out to the open water. Lots of ducks and minimal people. Also, check out Strawberry Res, Lost Lake, Gooseberry Lake, Scoldfield Res, Vernal area has some awesome goose hunting. Utah Lake south end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts