Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting year so far compared to others of late.

Iowa #2.
Cincinnati #3
Alabama #5
50% of the top 10 teams are Big Ten
Michigan better than #20 for a change 馃槄

Registered
Being relegated to that time slot is no team's sweet spot. But it was nice to see them win it. Would be a hoot if they were to win out and put O's lynch mob in a lurch.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And with the Utes spanking #3 bowl-ranked Oregon last night it will be interesting to see what the committee does now. Cincinnati has never had an argument better that I can think of. Notre Dame's had a great season too but their loss is to Cincinnati. Is there enough to rank them #4 this week and move OSU to #3?

There hasn't been a reason this big in a long time for the team up north to beat Ohio State at home. If they did, that puts them in the top 4. The stakes are big next Saturday.

I was a little surprised 'bama only beat AR by one TD. Also surprised buckeye's slammed #7 MI State 56-7. Would a #12 Oklahoma win over #9 Oklahoma State win next weekend matter?? Or visa versa?

Crazy year!

Registered
I think a 10-12 team playoff with a shorter regular season would be ideal. Get rid of the pointless App State and Citadel games. Probably not going to happen, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I think a 10-12 team playoff with a shorter regular season would be ideal. Get rid of the pointless App State and Citadel games. Probably not going to happen, tho.
The things I do not like about ten or twelve team structure are (1) It adds two more games and (2) I don't like teams getting a bye because it gets back to determining who has the easier path in the playoffs with a bye.

My dream set-up using this year's calendar.
*No games on December 4. Folks can get healthy for two weeks.
*Four Bowl Games (eight teams) on December 11.
*Two Bowl Games (four teams) on December 18.
*No games on Christmas.
*Championship Game on New Years Weekend (Sat, Sun or Mon).

Seven meaningful bowl games.

Today, there are three bowls that matter. All the rest are worthless exhibition games and mean nothing. I can honestly say I have never watched a meaningless bowl since the introduction of the championship series. And I don't watch spring training baseball either.

An eight team format covers all six of the traditional big bowl games and makes each one must-see-TV, and adds one more. We can call the Championship bowl game the Let's Go Brandon Bowl.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The things I do not like about ten or twelve team structure is (1) It adds two more games and (2) I don't like teams getting a bye because it gets back to determining who has the easier path in the playoffs with a bye.

My dream set-up using this year's calendar.
*No games on December 4. Folks can get healthy for two weeks.
*Four Bowl Games (eight teams) on December 11.
*Two Bowl Games (four teams) on December 18.
*No games on Christmas.
*Championship Game on New Years Weekend (Sat, Sun or Mon).

Seven meaningful bowl games.

Today, there are three bowls that matter. All the rest are worthless exhibition games and mean nothing. I can honestly say I have never watched a meaningless bowl since the introduction of the championship series. And I don't watch spring training baseball either.

An eight team format covers all six of the traditional big bowl games and makes each one must-see-TV, and adds one more. We can call the Championship bowl game the Let's Go Brandon Bowl.
Only change I'd make if trimming it that way is moving the 1st 4 bowl games to the 18th and then 2 on New Years eve. Two semi-final bowls on New Years day.

And then...the National Championship NOT ON A MONDAY NIGHT. I hate that, the world is "back to work" by that time in January and have had to watch that in a hotel with an 8:00 am meeting the next day. :mad: Deliver it on a Saturday night when the majority can both watch it and put a gathering together.

Registered
HNTFSH, I would mail-in a shidton of ballots for that format. Not enough to steal the decision, just some lesser amount.

I also hate the Monday night thing for the exact reasons you state. I have been sashaying through an airport and on a plane during the game. Nothing like trying to watch on your phone while in security processing.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HNTFSH, I would mail-in a shidton of ballots for that format. Not enough to steal the decision, just some lesser amount.

I also hate the Monday night thing for the exact reasons you state. I have been sashaying through an airport and on a plane during the game. Nothing like trying to watch on your phone while in security processing.

馃槄 馃槄 Amen Brother. I can't get up at 5:00 and stay awake until 12:30 am and then get back up at 5:00 again. Unless I am off work AND there's lots birds at the close-n-easy hole.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well...time is short. Lots and lots on the line for Xichigan and the Buckeye's along with other teams poised at the opportunity gate for the National playoffs. Cincinnati finally sitting at #4.

Not much happens here this week that doesn't touch on the game.

Textile Sleeve Comfort Linens T-shirt

I'd guess Harbaugh is at home nervously picking his nose today.

Registered
On a far brighter note, the remaining healthy Tigers sent Coach O out, and ended a mostly miserable season, on a great note. Sure hope our "big game (name) hunter" AD, who's begun referring to himself in the third party, doesn't crap on that high by hiring Fisher.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts