Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us are members of a commitee for waterfowl fund raiser events(DU,Delta and the like)?
Have you ever been on a commitee,would you do it again?
With habit and other issues I think we need to do what we can to help out.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yes I am on committees.

about 12 years back for 2 years on the DU Lake Minnetonka comm

Then 4 years on a Minnesota Waterfowl Assn Game Lakes comm

Then 3 years on anotrher MWA coomm called Big Ducks that I am a charter member of (helped start it).

Then the last 4 years on the original (very first) Delta Dinner in Mpls.

And now a charter member on another MWA chapter called the Crow River Chapter and will be having aits 1st banquet in April.

As for the would I do it again, I think the above speaks for itself. There are givers and takers in life. Earlier when I was young I was a taker, things change.... and now I like to give back so that it is left in better condition than I found it when I leave.

·
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
h20fwlr,keep up the good work! :thumbsup: Nice to hear.
Trying to revive a commitee in my area and hope to get it off the ground within the year.Time will tell if it happens.Nothing ventured,nothing gained.

·
Registered
940 Posts
National Rifle Association life member

Texas State Rifle Association life member

Waterfowl USA charter sponsor

Arkansas Waterfowl Association life charter sponsor

Ducks Unlimited
Kaufman County committee (at large)

Delta Waterfowl Foundation
Lonestar Chapter committee

I've been a busy **** in my 41 years. :yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been on the Mississippi State University student DU chapter for 3 years now and I chaired it last year.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I just sent to Delta for info yesterday on starting a chapter here in NS as there is none at present. Don't know what I'm getting into but I'll take a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.