Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

We all have a story to share about how we discovered our community.

Maybe you stumbled upon your people by chance or maybe you were actively looking for others that shared your hobbies, interests, and passions.

We’d love for you to share how you found your community. What steps led you to your tribe? Did someone point you in the right direction? Who and what led you to where you belong?
Human body Dress Gesture Font Sleeve

Thank you for being part of this community, for being kind, and for sharing.

~VS Community Management Team

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
No offense but I think the community management team needs to figure out how to increase traffic here. I’ve been here since 2009 and have enjoyed it. I’ve met new hunter friends in the process. I know other forms of social media has taken many people away but this was such a great place to visit for many years. Seems we’re down to a handful of regulars and a few veterans checking in once in a while. Don’t ask us the questions, ask yourselves. Otherwise I’ll take my life jacket off and find warmer waters while watching DHC sink.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I agree with baymen Moe. Duck hunting chat has been a place I visit regularly since 2008 or 09. In the last 5 years or so the traffic has slowed way down. I think most people have found other forms of social media and it would great if someone could find a way to bring some life back here. It feels like we’re rearranging chairs on the titanic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts
Admin - if the goal here is to increase traffic, posts, and momentum...I think we missed the mark with "tribe" "community" "belonging" message. Might have been OK if this was a puppy dog and butterfly forum. While it's true that Social Media alternatives have eaten away at the site traffic and revenues so has the absence of "knowing your customer" and content/draw/messaging to the type of people who visit a duck hunting site. These are the same people that hunt a lot of different species as well as avid fisherman.

Think about the drastic decrease in State Forum activity since burying it the way it sits now in navigation. Talk to ad vendors about product selection for Gear Deals addressing people who hunt and fish. I am not sure a $300.00 electric cooler from Costco was a great choice. Under previous ownership there were several guides and outfitters that spent a few grand a year and the membership utilized their services. There's a tricky balance between taking ad dollars for overflow at wholesale pricing and actually presenting products the members might be interested in.

I spend every day trying to support the health of the site (as do others) but there's nothing that addresses this audience inbound. I think website chat forums will regain some popularity as people (especially 40/50+) continue to ditch the Fakebooks of the world but VS has to play a role. Know your audience. (y)

There are also requests for Admin support in the Admin/Mod resource forum that have gone unanswered.

Reactions: Baymen Moe

·
Super Moderator
25,779 Posts
Was released from prison to a half way house where we played a lot of video games , Duck Hunt was one of my favorites . Since I was once again able to use the internet I figured I would go online and see if I could find some info or cheat codes , typed in Duck hunt and this place was one that came up been here every since and have learned absolutely zero about the game I came here for. 😎

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts
Was released from prison to a half way house where we played a lot of video games , Duck Hunt was one of my favorites . Since I was once again able to use the internet I figured I would go online and see if I could find some info or cheat codes , typed in Duck hunt and this place was one that came up been here every since and have learned absolutely zero about the game I came here for. 😎
Billy!!! Is that YOU??!!

• Haha
Reactions: OGblackcloud

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Hello everyone!

Maybe you stumbled upon your people by chance or maybe you were actively looking for others that shared your hobbies, interests, and passions.

We’d love for you to share how you found your community. What steps led you to your tribe? Did someone point you in the right direction? Who and what led you to where you belong?
View attachment 477000

This is the sound of the last breath of the admin of a hopeless, dying forum.

Bring back Aunt Betty and traffic will rise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're gonna make you a special AB moderator!! :eek: I see on the Fuge he's managed over 28,000 nonsense posts in 18 months.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Was released from prison to a half way house where we played a lot of video games , Duck Hunt was one of my favorites . Since I was once again able to use the internet I figured I would go online and see if I could find some info or cheat codes , typed in Duck hunt and this place was one that came up been here every since and have learned absolutely zero about the game I came here for.
I’m speechless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,081 Posts
Say it ain't so sir, say it ain't so!!

• Haha
Reactions: OGblackcloud

·
Administrator
10,081 Posts
I've been here for so long, I honestly forgot how I found this forum. I guess I was searching for duck hunting tips or something to that effect. Hustad had it going on at the time for sure. Or at least I think he did.

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts
I kinda wonder how all the spammers and scammers found this community. I spam-kill 3-4 a day on average with 10 over the last 24 hours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone!

View attachment 477000

I found this site on DuckDuckGo while searching for duck hunting experience(s) on Colorado River near Columbus Tx.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found this site researching reloading data on the web. I spent hours rifling thru the older post to get to the good data and recipes from guy's like NED S and Dave from Arizona. The knowledge these gentlemen shared was second to none.
Thanks for sharing. I just joined the site yesterday and look forward to some more great reloading topics.

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
that's the kind of traffic we don't need
I like Aunt Betty. I actually went hunting with him once and bought some of his honey.

As far as how I found the site, I was looking for rules, etc. for hunting in Virginia. My in-laws live there and I was trying to figure out if it was something that would be worth the effort while I was there. Never did go hunting in VA. After that I didn't look at the site for a few years and don't remember why I stumbled back in.

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts
I like Aunt Betty. I actually went hunting with him once and bought some of his honey.

As far as how I found the site, I was looking for rules, etc. for hunting in Virginia. My in-laws live there and I was trying to figure out if it was something that would be worth the effort while I was there. Never did go hunting in VA. After that I didn't look at the site for a few years and don't remember why I stumbled back in.
Sweet - a co-moderator.

• Haha
Reactions: SpinnerMan
1 - 20 of 31 Posts