Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it interesting that the banner across the homepage for Duck Hunting Chat is advertising E85 ethanol? What about the obvious and devastaing impact this fuel is having on nesting habitat across the prairie pothole region? What about all the CRP land that's being tilled under for corn?
Seems a bit disingenuous don't you think?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
This concern has come up on other sites too, so it deserves a bit of clarification.
The banner you are referring to is actually generated and the content selected by google. The Administrator of DHC does not select those ads. Supporters of DHC get the spots immediately to the right of the Logo at the top of the page.
-Erik

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I live within a short driving distance of the best breeding grounds in the entire continent. With that being said, I see first hand the problems going on up here with nesting waterfowl.

With that being said, our biggest concern is the 500K acres that's already been destroyed in CRP since the Farm Bill changed here in ND alone (not to mention MORE DROUGHT). Ethanol, as many know and arguably agree, is not the end-all answer to our energy crisis. It'll phase out and hopefully something like switchgrass will take it's place.

The increase in corn production, on top of the loss of CRP, is a huge issue to waterfowl. It's coincidental that the 2 happened together in the same timeframe so obviously it's going to be a cause for concern.

Do your fair share this fall, buy a second waterfowl stamp!

Anyways, I thought I'd put in my .02

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
A good point.

I have personally asked Chris to look further into if we can remove the E85 ads as I personally believe it is not duck habitat friendly at all under the current use of corn to make ethanol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.