Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The main ducks in my area are shovlers and teal, but mainly shovlers. Does anyone know a recipe to cook shovlers so they taste good. Please no replies about cooking with pine boards (I already know that joke :smile: ) Thanks JVex

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
After much thought, and, I mean much thought...The only way I can think of might be in a pot Gumbo or ground up as somekind of sausage for the inlaws. They preatty much taste like they smell. Now,... a couple of teal is another story! Y'all have nice day! :cool:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Take your birds and soak em in saltwater overnight. Take them out and wash them off real good and pat them dry with a paper towel. Put in your crockpot and cover the breast with barbeque sauce (I prefer KC masterpiece). Slow cook on low temp for 4-6 hours. The meat should pull apart just like you were eating a BBQ beef sandwhich. Put it on a bun and enjoy.

PS The BBQ sauce in a pot gets kinda diluted towards the end, so I put some fresh stuff on my sandwich when I make it. This is a great way to make ducks and geese,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Marinate them in terryioke and lemon juice over night, wrap them in bacon, put them on the grill. Last night i had some mallard, weigon , and shoveler using it and it was good. We also put the on skewers and put jalopeanoas inbetween each one.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
i cook my ducks the same way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
we just cut the breasts off and marinade the breats with garlic salt ,orange,paparika,oregano,salt,peperhot peper. and that all it is try it it is good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Breast them out and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until medium rare. Feed to the dog and order pizza. :yes: No planks involved with that one...
Actually I like marinating my ducks in a wine, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary, and pepper marinade for at least one whole day, two is preferrible. After that you can't tell bluebill from mallard. Then grill them up and enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.