Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how may of you guys crappie fish and how have you done so far this year? myself i have done terrible but am hoping to change that this weekend.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Right now still working on the racoon perch probably start crappie fishing next month thru the summer though. Try Harris alot less Crappie Fishermen there than duck hunters and there is some slabs in there, we get after them there in the summer at night.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i wanna get that way and fish some of the lakes. i'm here on the coast. i am off work the next 4 days so i might just make it up that way this weekend. good luck to ya.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know some superb places to catch them around here, but I don't fish for them that often. I'm more of a coastal fisheman.
I did take a non-crappie fishing friend of mine last 4th of July, and he caught a 3.75 punder that day. We caught a mess of big ones, but that one was a hoss.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Whompus Cat said:
fished with a buddy from work yesturday and ended the day with 42 keepers and released 20 or so. Also caught about 4 bass each. Going back out with 8 dozen minners
were was my invite

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they still aint bitin down here at the coast or at least not bitin any ones lines in my boat. dont know what is the deal. but talkin to all the other guys fishin there aint no one catchin em.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey WC do they still have the tourney where they turn the tagged crappie out @ Jordan. WC let me know if you wanna go catch some racoon "Yellow perch" sometime It'll have to be pretty soon though before water starts to warm up, and you don't need to have a special permit this time of year to get in there.

·
Registered
817 Posts
wet, i have never heard of the tournament at jordan lake. I usually fish about 3-4 days a week during the spring and probably 2 or 3 days a week in the heat of the summer. I'll have a few days off from work next week if you want to try it. I dont have a boat, just a canoe. I know a few places we can try if your spots arent hot yet. Let me know when you want to go.

·
Registered
817 Posts
my girlfriend and myself caught at least 60 more today. Some were a little larger than i've been catching too! Probably going to be an excellent day tommorrow if the weather stays warm and sunny. I'll probably clean fish for a few hours then go catch some more. Anyone want to join me?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Went to a private pond this weekend with my daughter and caught about 40 crappie and about a dozen bass. She had a blast.
We used up 6 dozen minnows.

·
Registered
817 Posts
way to go guys
keep up the good fishing reports

i went tuesday solo, in the worst wind you could imagine. I tried drifting and trolling like i normally do but it wouldnt work with the gale force winds so i hunkered down in a spot out of the wind to eat my lunch and gather my thoughts. I threw a line out in that spot while i ate my smamich and before i could take the first bite the cork was gone. Threw out 2 more lines and proceeded to wear them out. I ended up fishing about 4-5 dozen minners and caught at least 60 crappie without moving. I've never liked fishing when the wind is blowing but i had nothing else to do. Ended up having a good time after all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts