Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pups doing great ...almost NO accidents ,when there is one its MY fault ! sitting on sit , coming to here ,kennel most of the time, heal ..its tough with the cold weather to go for long walks but hes good about staying next to me when we go ! retrieving is going great too.

NOW the question is ..
i crate him at nite
i wake up at 5 take him out , feed him, play a bit , out again ,play more till about 6 when its time for me to go to work. back in the crate.
now hes in there all day (6-7 hrs)
would it be good to "puppy proof" the kitchen and let him run that instead of crating him all day ???
i feel bad and hes starting to NOT like the kennel command or the kennel ... will he grow out of this ?

·
Registered
443 Posts
My 6 month old AWS hated the crate. It was the typical Pet Porter. When he out grew that crate I bought a wire crate for in the house. He loves the wire crate. Goes in on his own to sleep. Never a complaint when I tell him "kennel". He sleeps upstairs with us but when we aren't home he is crated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.