Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We can't have anything but a little crockpot in our dorm room. Anybody have a recipe I can try?

·
Registered
100 Posts
soak em in milk overnight...throw away the milk...then add some broth...the cubes will work...and some cream of mushroom soup.... my son cookes em that way......

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Add an envelope of Onion Soup and a stick of real butter...BOOOYA! :eek:

·
Registered
345 Posts
you can't go wrong with a crock pot! Last year after breasting out the snow geese, I stuck the legs and wings in milk, took them out before going to bed and stuck them in the crockpot over night in plain water. Before I left for work, the meat fell off the bone and I add beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, water chestnuts, olives, and anything else I could find in the pantry. It was GREAT! for dinner that night.

I've also cubed up meat, set it in water over night, and then added my favorite spices to make chili for dinner that night. Hang in there and keep tweaking things. I think you will enjoy the crockpot cooking. Good luck :salude:

John

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Man you gotto love dorm living.. Try soaking the breast in salt water over night, take out and pat dry with towl, cut a couple small slits and place cloves of fresh garlic in the slits of each breast. Season with some pepper and johnnys. Cut up some yellow potatoes and carrots and onions and put a packet of beef gravy in there and fill with water. Its pretty dang good!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go and get your favorite barbicue suace from the store. slice some whole potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, whatever you like. put the duck breasts in the barbicue sauce and let it cook all day. the meat shreads and its great. dont forget to soak the breasts in saltwater for a night. use the whole bottle of sauce. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts