Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are working on some decoy bags to add to our site, what is everyone looking for? 4,6,12 slot? we are also planning on making some designed to go over the side of the boat so that you can have decoys both inside and outside the boat increasing your storage. Anything else in particular that your looking for.

·
Registered
390 Posts
12 slots with plenty of drainage and a lid are what I prefer so I can stack the bags in my SUV. I do love the idea of the bags that will go over the sides of the boat, I know too many times diver hunting we have bags stacked everywhere and that would help alot.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am not too sure about bags that overlap the gunwales, in certian situations these will cause a lot of excess spray into the boat, possibly damaging the decoys as well.
How about a 12-slot bag that will clip to the gunwale and will place the entire bag inside the boat, but only one-slot thick ? This could then fold in-half for storage in the car, looking more like a standard bag.
If I had 2 or more of these, I could free up a lot of interior space in my boat and still have 24 to 48 decoys 'at the ready' along the sides.
Low price is VERY important.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Just going off the last post. A single wide bag that would hold 12 decoys and clip on the inside of the gunwall but could fold in the middle and be clipped on the end so it could be carried like the standard 2 wide, 12 decoy bag. Or the same bag in a 6 decoy model.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My favorite bags are double wide with flat bottoms so they sit up.
You need dozen decoy bags for plastic or foam decoys, 6-10 decoy bags for cork/wood decoys to keep the weight down.
Be sure dividers go all the way to the bottom, so the weights can not "cross over" and get tangled.
Use grommets for drains instead of pleats, so the weights cannot escape through the bottom of the bag.
Lined bags are nice for hand painted decoys, but not necessary for plastics, so it would be a nice option.
D-rings attached to reinforced webbing in strategic locations on the exterior of the bag would afford a variety of options for carry and storage.
Frozen bags are useless. Use a material with minimal water absorption.
Use brass and/or stainless hardware and premium materials. Point out these features when marketing your bags so your product does not get compared to the cheap stuff.

MAKE THEM IN THE USA!

·
Registered
505 Posts
alloutwar13 said:
12 slots with plenty of drainage and a lid are what I prefer so I can stack the bags in my SUV. I do love the idea of the bags that will go over the sides of the boat, I know too many times diver hunting we have bags stacked everywhere and that would help alot.
A must on the drainage. Not everyone hunts a glory field of ankle deep water. Nothing worse than a bag with water as your fighting to get your leg out of the mud.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
koonce727 said:
alloutwar13 said:
A must on the drainage. Not everyone hunts a glory field of ankle deep water. Nothing worse than a bag with water as your fighting to get your leg out of the mud.
X2

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took some designs to the manufacture yesterday so should be a few weeks and we will have some prototypes, not going to give it all away, but we should have some 6 and 12 slot bags and even 18 slot gunnel bags for you bigger water guys, also the bottoms will have alot of drainage, not sure on the cost yet but they are going to be solid bags, I know that.

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Cool, I think they set the standard, so you can work your way backwards from there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Mr.Pymatuning said:
Took some designs to the manufacture yesterday so should be a few weeks and we will have some prototypes, not going to give it all away, but we should have some 6 and 12 slot bags and even 18 slot gunnel bags for you bigger water guys, also the bottoms will have alot of drainage, not sure on the cost yet but they are going to be solid bags, I know that.
Sounds great and thank you for the chance to give our input

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
How about monogramming? Would that be stupid? Maybe for a gift.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts