Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I am interested also. I was thinking about getting on of those big black ones they sell for ice fishing as soon as they go on sale. I though that would be a nice light weight one that you could hall stuff in the snow or on bare ground if needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have an olive plastic one from Cabela's. I like it but it isn't always the easiest thing to drag through the marsh and keep your stuff in. I am going to rig a net over the top to hold the dekes in.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I just picked up a Jet Sled 1. It is about 24"w x10"h x 54"L. It doesn't way much at all and should hold 3-bags of decoys if you stand the bags on end. Will float. They make a bigger one that is like 30"w x12"h x 66" L that will hall a lot of gear. You could practically dig a shallow hole in the field an use that one for a lay down blind. They also make a dbl. arm tow bar to connect to atv's and snowmobiles. I got mine for $29. Now is the best time to get them. Look at your local stores like Wal-Mart or similar because the ice fishing stuff it on the way out for the year and they are on sale. I plan to sand the sides and top and camo it.

I don't want to discourage anyone from making one, but if you can get something this nice and heavy duty for a good price I though it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Do a search on Cabelas web sight, they're on SALE right now! $19 and up to $60 for the camo covered ones.
:salude:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been using a plastic sled for years. I made a harness for my YML to help me pull it. He can pull 4 doz. decoys faster than I can walk. It works great because you can float it behind you as you put out decoys. I also use it in the yard to pull my wife flowers and planting supplies. My lab pulls it also. He's a true yard dog. :cool:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
blackheel said:
It is only the smallest one on sale. I have the bigger one right now. Thanks for the info though. For the person that said look in Wal-Mart for ice fishing clearance....not much of that in NC!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: SORRY! Didn't notice the NC, what do you expect from Michigan when your talking sled. Your lucky I didn't recommend you get a sled with a motor.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
stalns said:
I picked up the medium sized one from Cabela's. $25 to my door. Now i want to make a low cost wheel cart for it.
I got one and my buddy has one. They work great and the kids like them when it snows as 2 kids to 3 small kids can ride in it down the hill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.