Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to start doing some decoy prep for next season-could have been an issue this year since I did not put any effort into preparing. Curious on clear coats used, hen paint colors (undercoat base) used and if ever flocked decoys. Here are some before and after - only a few dozen more to go. Experimenting with various shades-pretty satisfied with the colors.

02/22/08 Added black mallards-not quite finished yet, still have bills. Looking for diver decoys if anyone in LA has some they are disposing of, let me know and may try to take them off your hands.

The krylon clear suggestion tried on additional decoys and worked great.

·
Registered
923 Posts
not too shabby :thumbsup:

·
Registered
923 Posts
just noticed that G&H gadwall. you'll never need to repain that one. ive decided ill never buy another brand floater. even though their pricey u just cant beat their durability. example: i bought a dozen greenhead gears right before last season and now they look horrible. even though i hunt 45 days outa season new decoys should last much longer. those bright paint schemes look great in the store but rarely last.

·
Registered
923 Posts
hen mallard?

·
Registered
403 Posts
yea never mind on that one......one of those think before you speak kinda things...i was seeing gaddy and thinking han mallard because i have some that need paint...no nevermind that one...but i would like the colors for the pintail and woodies

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
02/22/08 Added black mallards-not quite finished yet, still have bills.

Looking for diver decoys if anyone in LA has some they are disposing of, let me know and may try to take them off your hands.

Also redid some coots that came out good but no pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.