1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am the owner of ezdecoymaker.com
Ezdecoymaker is the best way to make decoys. I have been here offering my money back guarantee since before the internet began, and no one has ever sent one back to me. There were a couple of jerks that ran the Many Decoys website that attempted to mimic my process and went out of businss. Since 1974, EZdecoymaker has been the best way to make your own molds for molding plastic decoys, styrofoam decoys, or my famous paper/adhesive composite. Yes, decoys for pennies. Take me up on my satisfaction or money back offer. This is not meant to be a free ad, but I feel that if there are people out here being mislead by the misinformed, then I have the right to speak also. Hey, this is what the internet is for. If this process doesn't work then I will just go bankrupt giving everybody their money back. Yet I sell this from Newfoundland to New Zealand. No one has ever asked for their money back. Nope. Not even the guy that says he might have known a guy that might have heard if from a guy that might have known somebody that didn't like it. Well, I have every name and address from everybody that has ever bought it. I see no one here that has ever asked for a refund either. Lets play fair here. Try it. Send it back if you don't like it. christopher schenkel

·
Registered
211 Posts
here is the question that most comes up when i hear about your decoy process..

i have read your site numerous times and have yet to find out what in the world i am paying for. your sight is very long and dragged out but you just keep repeating the same thing over and over with different wording.. what do we get for what you charge?? is the question on every site that i have read about your website???

is it a set of instructions?

is it the stuff you buy at taxidermy stores for makeing your own molds?

is it equipment and supplies?

is it a list of materials and where to get them?

there are currently many sites with forums asking those very same questions...

inquireing minds want to know

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Being someone has brought up a question of concerning the reputation on the product, I feel it only fair that Chris be given the oppurtunity to respond. But that is as far as it goes-- no links, etc Chris, OK? And no calling in the reinforcments like on GHC. Those 4 new posts on GHC better not have the same ISP addy!

Admin2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cupped-n-Committed said:
The word on the street is they suck rotten eggs.

Read the post off goose hunting chat on it. Not a good word said.

http://www.goosehuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=63
I am not too sure which street your referring to... I guess I have never traveled those.

I too was leery of the claims, and was concerned about the legal part of copying some companies product.

But, what the man sells (this method) is a good method of making inexpensive decoys. The materials are as he states "very inexpensive," his instructions on how to use the products and methods are easy to follow for even those who have never attempted to mold or make/carve a decoy. And this is a time tested method of making forms for many years with materials that have been around for a very long time. Taxidermists have used this exact method of making forms for more years then most of you have been alive. I have antique decoys that were made in the 50's that are as good to gun over today as they were when first used.

As with anything, you get what you put into it. Decoys these days are made more for the purchaser then the duck/goose. I have killed ducks/geese over milk jugs (with NO PAINT), over good friend's carvings that looked more like a crow floating in the water then a duck, etc. If you take the time to make the decoy with this method thick (but too thick to add excess weight), allow it to cure well, and seal the material properly, they will last for many seasons. You can also add commercial chemicals to stop mice/mold/bugs from getting into the decoys. Only I would advise against it due to those chemicals are also hazardous to people too. They are light weight and with snow/blues -- numbers count. And it is a pain to carry 300 plus commercially made decoys a mile at my age and the age of my friends these days. (I have duck/goose hunted for nearly 40 years now).

I have purchased his information. And I have made decoys from it, only I took a little different approach and made shell field goose decoys and also made a foam inserts for using as a floater. I made 100 decoys (snow/blue) for less then $20 (not counting shipping and tax) using old house paint and a little varnish that was setting on the shelf for a few years. Some of those first 100 did fall apart from water damage (more likely I did not seal them well). None were eaten by mice, but mice will eat most anything (so it is possible).

I do not remember reading anywhere in his materials that his method was perfect - nor was it totally water proof.

So it does work and is a good method to make inexpensive decoys in large numbers.

I am by no means an expert - nor am I as talented as some of the people who have posted some very fine carving works on this forum -- both in wood/cork and foam/burlap. But I also cannot afford to purchase a large quantity of decoys at $100 (plus) for a 1/2 dozen either. Nor am I as talented in carving as some of you. I find my patients is less these days.

As with most things, opinions are a vast as the day is long. Just because you do not like it does not mean it will not work for someone else. For the cost of his method - it cannot hurt to try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.