Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used dekes on swans? I heard that unit 2c in the BRBR is the best to try it, is that what is called slaughters point? If anyone has could you give a guy some pointers, thanks. Bret do you hunt with Lynn from Tooele?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
my brother decoyed his this year. I have been in blinds where guys have decoyed them in four differant places but have not had a tag myself in at least ten years. I am going out this ( traditionaly crowded) weekend to help a couple freinds decoy them. It is pretty easy from my expeariance. two three big white decoys will most likely get it done. My brother painted up some white goose floaters. That is what we will use.
I hope this helps some.

I do not recall hunting with a Lynn from Tooele, but I might have.

Brian your name sounds familiar where do you guide?

Bret

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I might have to give Harold crane a try, I'm getting tired of going to the BRBR , my gun only shoots 3" shells and I'm using T shot, is this enough? I have 1550 fps shells.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went out to Farmington and decoyed my first swan, just used two super mag goose shells painted white with foam on the bottom to make them float. It was unbelievable. What a rush to see one of the biggest birds you can shoot coming right in. sometimes the decoys help at least bring them in your direction even if they dont put the landing gear down. i think it gives you that little extra edge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.