Duck Hunting Forum banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Administrator
43,079 Posts
Actually, I'm afraid the Prince is gonna get Ole Joe over there and make a fool of him in front of the world. Then tell him to get the fvck out.
Even the libs have to be afraid of Kamaltoe stepping in. o_O

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
According to certain rumors she may just have the talents to persuade the Prince. I've often wondered if that's how she got the VP slot and why Dr Jill hates her. 💋

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
It is always best to play to your strengths and as far as we know, the Cackler has no other strengths.

And I am not certain the Prince can make Creepy Joe look worse than Creepy does daily, wandering around and slurring unintelligible phrases.

·
Administrator
43,079 Posts
It is always best to play to your strengths and as far as we know, the Cackler has no other strengths.

And I am not certain the Prince can make Creepy Joe look worse than Creepy does daily, wandering around and slurring unintelligible phrases.
I was telling Ohio Mike yesterday that I was leading a Zoom call with a large global fintech last week. I went to say something (a phrase) that fit the situation, something like: "Prescription before diagnosis is malpractice" and I totally Biden'd it. :eek:🤣 What came to mind to say without even thinking was: "I guess I'd make a great President" with a chuckle and smile.

In that second I thought: "SHIZ!!". And immediately starting surveying faces. :oops: Saw enough smiles I think I got away safe but ya gotta be careful these days!!

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 · (Edited)
"Prescridiagforeskinpractice” :D

You see, the key to good humor is it must be based in reality, so that works.

However, the feelings of the woke in the company for whom I work would have been shattered, and you could start the stopwatch on how long until HR set an appointment with you and your supervisor. The progressive left are completely absent of any humor.

• Haha
Reactions: HNTFSH

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Yes. I have used a cheat sheet to remind me of the names of people who will be at the meeting table, a couple of key points I need to make or sets of numbers. I have never even heard of a cheat sheet telling someone to Say Hello or You take YOUR seat.

We continue to poke fun at this, but when you see the destruction of the US economy and what is happening on the world stage you realize it is all in the hands of a guy who falls off his bike at a stupid scripted and staged photo-op and must be told to sit in his seat.

And the fact that Creepy Joe is accepting this kind of cognitive support indicates he is well aware of his extreme decline.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Here is another where the regime provided the fake media with the questions they would ask, and in the appropriate order so that the demented fool could read what was prepared for him. I wish this were all a joke, but it is not. His answers are on the cards and on the huge screen directly in front of him.

·
12,095 Posts
This is so pathetic that the media plays along. Otherwise I have no further words without using expletives

·
Registered
557 Posts
On purpose and by design.

"The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is preparing to cite the United States’ largest oil field for violating ozone pollution standards, a move that will threaten the end of oil and gas production in the region."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is another where the regime provided the fake media with the questions they would ask, and in the appropriate order so that the demented fool could read what was prepared for him. I wish this were all a joke, but it is not. His answers are on the cards and on the huge screen directly in front of him.
This gotta be fake, no way. Actual clown world at this point.

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
Don't pretend like they actually want your gas prices to come down.

Net-zero carbon for all practical purposes means no gasoline at any price. Or Natural gas either. No heating oil. It ain't just coal that they are trying to bankrupt. It's the entire coal, oil and gas industries. No gasoline. No jet fuel. No heating oil. No natural gas. If it emits carbon, it has got to go bankrupt. Zero!!! For all practical purposes.

Nothing like a heat pump when the wind chill is 50 degrees below freezing. Maybe global warming will keep everybody that lives in cold climates from freezing to death or going broke running electric heaters when the heat pump can't cut it. My folks used both a heat pump (AC unit running in reverse for anyone not familiar) for their AC and heating down to around freezing. But after the cold set in, they had a fuel oil furnace. All depends on your local climate as to the best approach. Electric heat, particularly heat pumps, have their place which has expanded as they have gotten more efficient. However, if you live where it gets ****ing cold, they become almost useless and resistive heating that can keep up because crazy expensive. You need wood or fossil fuels.

·
12,095 Posts
That only applies to the minions, not the elite ruling class like themselves.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I wonder how many in the administration drive or ride to work in electric cars? Has the president ever even been in an electric car? Anyone in the administration heat/cool their homes purely with wind or solar.? Any of them fly around in electric planes? Any plans to convert the limousine fleet to electric? Any plans to convert the White House energy needs to zero carbon? How about the presidents Delaware home, is that converted to solar/wind? How about John Kerry, I’m sure he has reduced his carbon footprint greatly. I know we all know the answers to these questions. Wouldn’t it be good if we actually had a media that asked such questions? When I think about the lies, misinformation and hypocrisy it makes me want to puke.

·
12,095 Posts

·
Administrator
43,079 Posts
Well...since they won't all get on the same plane to fly across the world to a global warming meeting, I am guessing not. Heck, AOC did buy a Tesla but is already thinking about getting rid of it because Musk is a meanie.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she wants to get rid of her Tesla just weeks after a Twitter dustup with Elon Musk in which the billionaire CEO playfully teased the “Squad” member to “stop hitting on me.” 🤣

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
I wonder how many in the administration drive or ride to work in electric cars?
Actually I'm sure most of them take the Metro if they work in DC. This is one of the huge disconnects. People that actually don't drive very much telling those that do drive a lot to just stop it or suck it up and pay more. It's not unusual for city folks to not have a car at all and if they do it's only used rarely.

The other disconnect is that the wealthy telling the working middle class to eat cake and not worry about the high prices.

I actually work for the government and much of what I do falls into the decarbonization insanity. I was on a call that included a university professor whose university is considering a micro reactor for providing their heating needs. Most big campuses require a lot of steam. Partially for heating. Often actually for cooling as well. Yes, that works. I believe they use steam to run the compressors instead of electric like a normal house AC. And a few other things. So most of these have been converted to natural gas boilers. But natural gas gotta go:eek: Electric is insanely expensive, so a micro reactor very well might be a little less insanely expensive. The Versace purse might be less than the Gucci purse when nobody is allowed to buy the Walmart purse or anywhere in between. Anyways, I asked about funding for the project. Not to be a wise-ass, but we're looking at the same thing for the lab I work at. I do cost and economics as a big part of my work. So, where's the money coming from? After a long rambling nonsense to avoid saying they don' t know. He said "we don't buy the cheapest shoes or food." :unsure: The grand collective we, yes we do buy the cheapest shoes or food or nobody would produce them. They aren't getting made just to throw away. Not everybody, but many. But his unintended point is he doesn't care about the people that buy the cheapest shoes and food because he doesn't.

Now most college professors are also married to another professional (doctor, lawyer, engineer, ...). I'd bet $'s to donuts that the average household income for even a new assistant professor and a large university is $200k. Both spouses start around $100k and go up from there. Mid career, they are well over a quarter of a million per year. Of course they aren't worried about $6/gallon gas. Even if they drive 20k miles per year, which is unlikely, in a vehicle that only gets 20 mpg, we're talking about a couple percent of their income. They won't notice in the slightest. Of course, a young couple making $10/hr starting out. That's 15% of their income. That hurts a lot.

While I agree with your bigger premise, but they can pay a massive amount over current costs without even noticing. The people making policy don't live in the country. They've never driven a tractor. In some cases may not even have a drivers license. When I go to DC, I never drive. You can get anywhere you want, and much more conveniently, on mass transit. If I worked in the White Hose, NFW would I drive there. When I go there I try to fly into Reagan and then I can just take the train to my hotel and not even fool with a cab or shuttle.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It may come as a surprise to some, but the EPA is a rogue organization that really serves as nothing more than a front group for implementing the policy of the dictators club the United Nations in the United States. Policy such as UN2030 (Or whatever they're calling it this year.) and the green new deal of which are not really about the environment what-so-ever.

They don't care about the environment. It's not even about that. However, It is about shutting the country down and manufacturing crisis and strife.

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
They don't care about the environment.
That's part of the problem. It's not their job to "care" about the environment. It's their job to execute the laws enacted by Congress. Nothing more. Nothing less. The Executive Branch of government is not the legislative branch. If they want to be activists and try to enact laws because they "care" about whatever. Get the **** out of the Executive Branch and go to a non-profit issue advocacy group.

I disagree partly with your premise. I 100% agree they are rogue, but it's not for the reason you believe. My minor for my PhD is Environmental Engineering. I took classes with many of these future EPA minions. They care very much about what they want. They do not care very much about what anybody else wants. They truly believe they are the embodiment of MLK Jr. fighting for justice. They truly believe they are like some comic book super hero saving the planet from destruction. Many really are in a de facto doomsday cult. Other's are just too smart to be fundamentally wrong, of this they have no doubt so there is no skepticism, the key to intellectual advancement. There are some small number of evil few that easily manipulate them. But the vast majority simply have lived a very sheltered life. We like the phrase born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Most of these people have since a young age lived in greater wealth than most people could even imagine in the 50's. We've gone from maybe 1% of our college kids being rightly described as being born with a silver spoon in their mouth to probably half or more.

Economic diversity and student outcomes at Harvard

Lots of interesting info here. It's a few years old so I'll bet its even more skewed.

Share of students from top one percent
Families who made about $630,000 or more per year.
About 15% of the students in Ivy League schools come from families that make over $630k or more PER YEAR.

That is an insane level of wealth that 1 out 7 students grew up in.

Median parent income
For students born in 1991, approximately the class of 2013, in 2015 dollars.
Half the students come from families making over ~$170k per year.

Back in the 50's, colleges weren't dominated by those making this level of income. I'm sure they were from the better off families disproportionately. But even those in the top 20% of income didn't have the kind of affluence that the top 20% has today. Their kids had to work, get jobs, more importantly go to school with kids across the socio-economic spectrum. It's not just that they grew up in such affluence. It's that they really don't know people who didn't. They didn't play Little League together. They didn't go to the same church. They didn't socialize with a socio-economically, politically, religiously, etc. group of people. Their diversity was mostly skin deep. In the 50's many men had served in the military with a broad cross section of America. Today, we are very much segregated by socio-economic groups. And if you aren't, you can talk with like minded people like we do here. 😲

It's not some grand conspiracy that causes them to go rogue. They are just out of touch with all but their subset of society so their value judgments in no way are representative of the average value judgments Americans would make. If they think about it, they believe their are superior because of their education, background, etc. So who needs this silly representative republic thing. They are the authority on the subject and it is quite nature for authorities to believe authoritarian government is the best way to go what else would the common folk vote for in a democracy? :unsure:

121 - 139 of 139 Posts